Bog Pod Deathgrip tripod ? - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

we were designed wrong. there is a flaw in the system. burgers, fries, wings, pizza should all be health food and salads should be bad. just look at what all that green stuff does to cows !

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 05:09 PM

I have the Bog-Pod Death Grip and love it, I'll use it for deer season. I also have the Trigger Stick and like it, it will be my predator calling choice. The Bog-Pod is just a little to heavy for predator hunting whereas the Trigger Stick is nice and lite. I'm sure you'll like the one you bought.
bohunr and BBB like this.

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take a ass whipping.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 08:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
good info guys..Thanks. after a lot of thought and actually seeing and testing the one at Field and Stream (i wont buy there) i decided to go with this one:

BT Precision Bowl Top Tripod Bundle

it cost a lot more but i got a 20% discount, everything was still on sale from the shot show. its built for hunting and has a low center. not as high as a ball head but suppose to have the amount of movement needed to hunt. cant wait to get it and play with it.
Best of luck bohunr with your new tripod!! Be sure to report back if it meets your expectations. I know my Primos more than did which was no surprise to me based upon knowing so many others who loved both models I got.
bohunr and flintlock hunter like this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member

Last edited by Loggy; 02-03-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Loggy.

the expected delivery is this Friday. as soon as it comes in i will be playing with it. if the weather and wind is right i plan on going for Predators with it. i will let everyone know how it performs and feels.
flintlock hunter likes this.

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 11:56 PM
BBB
Frequent Contributor

I have a Death Grip and love it well worth the money !!
bohunr likes this.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 08:20 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
does anyone have a bog pod deathgrip tripod that can tell me if they are good, bad, or just plain useless ?

i recently had the chance to use a tripod during a coyote hunt (thanks again Limbhnger10) and tripods are a game changer.

i have the info i need to purchase some really nice but expensive tripods. for now i am trying to justify those prices but they do lock up solid and its like shooting off a bench, actually saw the coyote drop in the scope, the scope never mnoved.

back to the Bog pod. i looked at one at F&S (will not buy there) the legs are solid and adjust nice. they even clamped a gun it for me. but the gun mount still moved up and down and left & right after being "locked" down, it was easy to move and it shouldnt be.

i called Bog Products and they said it had to be an older model with bad pins. i should tell F&S to send it back. i should also ask for any 2019 or newer production model. it wont have that problem. i would hate to order one and find out that it has the same problem and have to send it back.

SO...any hands experiences with this product ?
I have 2 Caldwell tripods. That work great. Bought them for my girls to use out of the blinds and we have used them just sitting on the ground too, no blind.
I gave one to my Brother in-law this past archery season to use. He liked it. He is someone who has to have the best equipment. He went and bought a big-pod then. It was bigger then the Caldwells and looked like quality but we never talked about how he liked it.
bohunr likes this.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old Today, 10:10 AM

I have a Bog Pod tripod. Does anybody make a clamp attachment for it? Seems ridiculous to have to buy a whole new clamp stick.
bohunr likes this.

Thank God I'm an American, and not a democrat!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old Today, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

when i looked they didnt have any and the top doesnt come off so you cant just buy the clamp. i guess they want you to buy the whole thing. making attachments would have been a better idea.

i really like the one i got from field optics. i will be taking some photos shortly. its tall enough and really solid. the legs do sink down into the snow making it shorter than i am. but if i dig down into the snow, everything lines up again. its easy to adjust, easy to pan and the tilt is plenty, more than needed and everything locks down solidly with the tension control.

the only problem i have is the independent pan adjustment knob, its to small to use comfortably with my fat fingers. i am working on making an extension for it. its not really an issue as you can control everything with just the tension control.
its like shooting from a bench.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old Today, 10:23 AM

Quote:
when i looked they didnt have any and the top doesnt come off so you cant just buy the clamp. i guess they want you to buy the whole thing. making attachments would have been a better idea.

Just found out they do, for about $59.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/bog-pod_xtreme_rest.html
bohunr likes this.

Thank God I'm an American, and not a democrat!
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old Today, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

thats really big. nice but big. i was thinking they should make a clamp like the one on the death grip as an accessory.

when i went with limbhnger10 he brought his back up tripod for me to use. it has a rrs-vyce clamp on it. just locked the AR in that clamp and carried the tripod over my shoulder with the gun locked in the clamp. when we got to the spot, just spread the legs on the tripod and set it down. ready to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in