Kuiu hunting gear - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Kuiu hunting gear

Anyone have any first hand experience with this line. From what I hear this is absolutely top-notch gear for backcountry hunting. It is definitely expensive but not as bad some of the lesser rated lines.

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Kuiu hunting gear

I have heard nothing but good things from Kuiu. I have bought any because the camo pattern isn't suited for the hunting I do.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Most of what I've heard about Kuiu has been self-promotion. Like Cabelas they don't make anything, just buy it, mostly Asia. Yea, I know China is where most stuff is made (almost all of Cabela). Lots of things like backpacks are, "what YOU want". So why limit your self by purchasing a brand (repackager) when you could look and see ALL? Is it the right size?, right pocket arrangement?, velcro vs zippers? etc.

Just my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Just read a bunch of reviews on bowsite. everyone there seems agree their clothing is unmatched. The icon pack is what I am really interested in, but maybe I will try a pair of pants just to get a feel for the company before I drop 5 bills on a pack.

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Part of the Community

I have some of their baselayer wool and a spindrift jacket. Really nice stuff. I had a guide jacket but returned as it was too tight under the arms and they are out of the larger sizes. The garments are sewed in Canada from fabrics made in Japan according to KUIU. Their stuff is really designed for active hunting. The guide jacket and attack pants may not hack it for sitting on a stand all day in freezing temps. They just started up this year, so availablilty is limited. I don't know much about their backpacks other than a few negative reviews about them (in addition to some positives).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 12:29 AM
New Arrival

I just got an Icon 6000 a few weeks ago. So far, the pack makes good sense from a construction aspect. Light, far more pockets than i will ever use, and load lifters that work. I have just played around with it so far, but i am very pleased with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page