Hawk Treestans / customer service (or lack there of...) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By NorthernPotterCo
  • 1 Post By flintlock hunter
  • 1 Post By I_hunt
  • 1 Post By loridr
  • 2 Post By loridr

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Hawk Treestans / customer service (or lack there of...)

I purchased a Hawk Mega Combat loc-on style tree stand. Very comfortable, easy to hang and I have no qualms about the stand itself (I DO wish it had a footrest) however to attach the stand to the tree they supply a 2" cam-buckle with over molded clips that attach to the stand. I needed to adjust the location of the stand after the 1st week of archery. I found myself 20' up in a tree (with lineman's harness) trying to fuss with this cam-buckle . it had become synched so tightly that I was unable to break it free. Finally I resigned myself that I'd just have to cut the strap and get a new one.

I went onto the Hawk website only to find that the 2" cam-buckles were out of stock. I signed up for an email notification alerting me to when they were in stock again and decided to place a call to the company. I wanted to see if a heavy duty ratchet strap would suffice and if they had any idea when the cam-buckles would be back in stock.

When I called the customer service phone number listed on their website I was greeted by a recorded msg telling me that I needed to call a different number. When I called phone number #2 I got a msg stating that all of their representatives were assisting other customers and that a I would receive a call back from a representative from the number I called from as soon as one became available. NO call ever came. 3 more calls to the number provided on different dates resulted in zero returned calls. I emailed the company twice and never received a response.

The ratchet strap idea didn't work as the S hook of the ratchet strap would not fit into the D-ring that the cam-buckle's over-molded clips attached to. I was left with a useless hunk of steel.

It's a shame. I think the Hawk stand are really good and I love their tree steps. I use them for every other loc-on stand I have regardless of manufacturer. However I'm shocked at the lack of customer support / service. I went to voice my displeasure on their website by writing a review but when I went to submit the review I received a msg that only people who purchased that item could write a review (???) So I guess if you don't buy directly off of their website you cant have an opinion. Whatever. I'm done with Hawk for good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 05:27 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

sorry to hear you are having trouble with the stand and getting thru to them. to bad you can`t rig something up to make it work . maybe someone on here with a little more knowledge about that type of tree stand can help you out. good luck
sweg likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 08:50 AM

Does make a strong case to NOT buy one of their products in the future. Really sorry you got taken over the hurdles with this one. Thank you for the post. It will help others avoid an unpleasnat experience as well.
sweg likes this.

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 08:57 AM
Frequent Contributor

Sucks to hear about your customer service experience

However, you can use ratchet straps to solve your problem. You need to buy one that has wire hooks like in the link below. I’ve run into the same issue with hawk hangons, their strap is impossible to loosen up.

https://www.ratchetstraps.com/1-inch...ith-wire-hooks
sweg likes this.

One Shot...One Kill
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 09:01 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweg View Post
...The ratchet strap idea didn't work as the S hook of the ratchet strap would not fit into the D-ring that the cam-buckle's over-molded clips attached to. I was left with a useless hunk of steel....

Get the type of ratchet strap that doesn't use S hooks, but is just a single strap you wrap around the object then feed the tag end back through the ratchet mech. That will work.

https://www.ratchetstraps.com/endless-loop-straps
sweg likes this.

Last edited by loridr; 12-22-2019 at 09:04 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 09:08 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
Get the type of ratchet strap that doesn't use S hooks, but is just a single strap you wrap around the object then feed the tag end back through the ratchet mech. That will work.

https://www.ratchetstraps.com/endless-loop-straps

Link I posted above even has it in camo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ratchet_full.jpg (149.5 KB, 3 views)
sweg and NorthernPotterCo like this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

looks like a good idea, thanks for sharing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page