"yeti" style travel cup/mug - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

"yeti" style travel cup/mug

After freezing my butt off out in my buddies boat last week I've been thinking how nice some hot chocolate would have been... LOL. So my question is for those who use this style cup(preferably the cheaper box store variety) do they keep stuff hot/cold while out in the weather and for how long ?

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemole View Post
After freezing my butt off out in my buddies boat last week I've been thinking how nice some hot chocolate would have been... LOL. So my question is for those who use this style cup(preferably the cheaper box store variety) do they keep stuff hot/cold while out in the weather and for how long ?
Go with this one. You can put in your backpack and won't spill yeti will.

https://www.kingsize.com/products/cl...YaArC0EALw_wcB
bohunr likes this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemole View Post
I can't speak about those overly expensive drink cups but I have an old Thermos brand stainless 1 qt thermos bottle I bought 40 years ago, it has a dent in it from when it flew off my car roof one night when I was sitting watching a field for poachers and I heard a shot and took off towards the shot forgetting the thing was on my car roof from earlier when I was standing outside the car. So long as I heat the bottle with hot water before I fill it it will keep my coffee hot all day when I am hunting. After about 8 hours the coffee will be less hot but that is because you have to remove the stopper to pour. Not that I can't afford one of those cups but I just refuse to pay what they cost for a cup. That bottle has served me well through waterfowl hunting, deer hunting and on the and took a licking ad kept on ticking. I don't know if you can even buy a SS thermos today that is as good as the one I have. I bought a pint stainless bottle a couple of years ago and it doesn't even keep my coffee hot for 4 hours and it has a pour through stopper. On the other side of the coin I was with a friend last week who jumped in my truck with one of the big Yeti cups in his hand. For the next couple of hours he was complaining about his coffee never getting cool enough to drink.
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 10:05 AM

Anything Yeti does, Ozark Trail does the same for 1/3rd of the price. Check your local Hellmart in the camping section... there should be something there that will fit your need.
bohunr and RacksnQuacks like this.

"Well boy, you ain't gonna git nothin' layin' in that bed." ~My ol' man
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 10:37 AM

As one of the guys at my work place years ago came into the office carrying his Thermos and praising the container over and over. He said, "It is amazing: If the wife puts ice tea in Thermos it stays cold and if she puts coffee in it...it stays hot." In an exciting voice he proclaims, "How do it know?"

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 11:49 AM
The Man

A cup will leak if turned sideways or upside down.

A better choice is a double-walled stainless steel bottle with a cap that seals.

Some of those are expensive, but I bought one at TJ Maxx for about $7.

I haven't tried it with hot drinks, but when filled with ice and cold water, there is still ice at the end of the day, even during the summer.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 01:49 PM

I have a Yeti tumbler that I use as my coffee cup at work. It keeps stuff warm for sure, but the lid is not leak proof. The Yeti bottles have better lids.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 02:15 PM
New Arrival

The best I have found so far is from a Japanese company called Zojirushi. They primarily make commercial kitchen equipment but the thermos' is unbeatable imo. Fairly inexpensive and durable, I've had mine for 15 years and it keeps my coffee hot until I'm done hunting.

Link to Amazon below:

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Hunt View Post
As one of the guys at my work place years ago came into the office carrying his Thermos and praising the container over and over. He said, "It is amazing: If the wife puts ice tea in Thermos it stays cold and if she puts coffee in it...it stays hot." In an exciting voice he proclaims, "How do it know?"
You actually altered that joke a bit from the original, but you kept the question worded the same which makes me think you heard it the same way I did.
bohunr likes this.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 04:15 PM

I have a yeti coffee mug someone gave me as a gift. Its fine if your using it in your truck or at work, but the you can’t put it in a pack, lid would leak. I have a couple of the green Stanley thermos’s, they will keep liquids hot all day. I’ll often fill one with soup if I’m planning a long sit. The lid is used as a cup, works great. As someone else said, I heat it up with hot water before I fill it.
bohunr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page