Bino Bivy Recommendations - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Bino Bivy Recommendations

Looking for some bino bivy recommendations. I am planning on spending a significant amount of money on a pair of binoculars and want to make sure they are protected well. I currently run an Alaska Guide Creations for my Monarchs and I have been pretty happy with it.. I am just posting this to see if anyone else has any other ideas. Around home I think the SLC 15x56 will be used on a tripod system but out west they will most likely used in the bivy. I figured even around home though, I can transport them in a bivy to and from the field. The only other brand I've been interested in so far is the blacks creep due to the pistol holster on front but I am open to any and all options.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:03 PM
Sage

I have to ask, what is a bivy? I know what a privy is.
Dogface likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:44 PM
Part of the Community

Check out Marsupial Gear. I use them for my Leica Geovids. Well made, quiet, and keeps your glasses secure.
DP-A5 likes this.

Be good, and you will be lonesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:55 AM
Part of the Community

I landed on the AGC bivy last year and like it. I also have a an S4 harness that came with my Leupold Bino's, but it's a minimalist harness. I do like it on some occasions also. The only issue I have with the ACG is I wish it opened forward. As it is, it opens towards you, so it can't stay open which means extra movement on access. It's a little critique and may be specific to the way I use it, but overall it checked all the boxes I was looking for.
DP-A5 likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a pair of Vortex Viper HD's that I really like. These are my second pair, my first pair I dropped and broke, I shipped back to Vortex and they sent me a brand new pair, no questions asked.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2CDeer View Post
I have a pair of Vortex Viper HD's that I really like. These are my second pair, my first pair I dropped and broke, I shipped back to Vortex and they sent me a brand new pair, no questions asked.
I honestly was going to get the vortex kaibabs due to the vortex warranty but I was able to look through them at Cabelas and I could not make them get clear.. I had trouble maintaining the whole picture.. all in all it took a lot to be able to view the mounts on the walls. I couldn't imagine how frustrating that would have been in the field. I let my friend check them out, who is a huge vortex fan and he was also disappointed. I then decided to pick up the pair of swaro SLC 15x56 and that was my biggest mistake.. those things blew my mind, hence me deciding to make the jump to those. I am disappointed they do not have even close to the warranty of vortex but there is absolutely no comparison. So with that decision in mind, I need to find a good way to protect them on my hunts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:11 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP-A5 View Post
I honestly was going to get the vortex kaibabs due to the vortex warranty but I was able to look through them at Cabelas and I could not make them get clear.. I had trouble maintaining the whole picture.. all in all it took a lot to be able to view the mounts on the walls. I couldn't imagine how frustrating that would have been in the field. I let my friend check them out, who is a huge vortex fan and he was also disappointed. I then decided to pick up the pair of swaro SLC 15x56 and that was my biggest mistake.. those things blew my mind, hence me deciding to make the jump to those. I am disappointed they do not have even close to the warranty of vortex but there is absolutely no comparison. So with that decision in mind, I need to find a good way to protect them on my hunts.

That sounds odd to me - my Vortex do have adjustment settings that I had to make to fit my eyes, once I did that I have no problems viewing near or far.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:49 AM

FHF gear, is another option. Made in USA.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:20 PM

I have to ask, what is a bivy? I know what a privy is.

WW, a bivy is just another fancy name for a case/pouch that hold your binos

USAF 1980-2010
OEF VET
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
American Legion Life Member
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage

Thank you.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page