Dryshod waterproof footwear - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Dryshod waterproof footwear

I just came across an ad in my Wildlife Management News magazine and wanted to know if anyone else heard of this company.

the company was founded in January of 2018 by Jim Donohue who was the founder and owner of the original Muck Boot company.

Life Member NRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:51 PM
dce
Sage

I have a pair and they're nicer than Mucks in my opinion
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:06 PM

Yeah i like them them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Frequent Contributor

My first pair of Muck Boots cost me $89. They were a new company at the time and no one heard the name. The same boots today cost $149. The quality of the boot has dropped off tremendously. I will not buy another pair. I will buy Dryshod when it’s time. I hear they are a far superior boot than the Mucks.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:03 AM

After returning a pair of Mucks and then 35 days later returning a pair of Lacrosse, I am trying a pair of Dryshod. So far I like them a lot. They were not cheap but sometimes you get what you pay for.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 01:28 PM
The Man

I need to buy this type of boot, and while I have had hunting boots, hiking boots, steel-toed work boots, and fishing boots including hip boots, I've never owned this type of boot.

What are some features, either good or bad, to look for in this type of boot?

For those who have had problems with Muck or Lacrosse or other brands, what sort of problems have you had?

On Amazon I saw Tingley boots for less than $40, and then some other brands that are over $100.

And even within a certain brand, there are so many models to choose from.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

My first pair lasted over 10 years and got heavy use. I started buying them for work boots since I worked in a lot of mud and water. They worked great but leaked after a year or two. I went through 3 different pairs like this. My last pair was the xtreme cool or whatever they call them Chore boots with a steel toe. Great work boot for all season use. My feet didn't sweat in them as bad so they were actually warmer in the winter. They were also much easier to drive in since they were more flexible. They also leaked prematurely though and I think they were about $150. Too much money for the amount of use I got out of these boots.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I walk my dog every day in the woods both in morning and in evening, about an hour each time. I always wore hikers from Tmiberland and Merrill. I hate wet feet and all the shoes would leak eventually. I would get new shoes to wear in the morning to keep dew out or to keep snow out and wear an older pair of hikers at other times. The hikers are about $80 to $100 dollars and some didn't last more than a month.

To lessen expense, keep feet dry and comfortable, I bought a pair of Tingley rubber overshoes to wear over an old pair of hikers. The Tingleys are completely waterproof and I don't have to clean and dress them like leather. I have been wearing the Tingley's for almost six months now. The Tingleys only cost $20 so when they wear out or start to leak, I'll get another pair at Tractor Supply.

The overshoes are about as high as the hikers so they are not like a calf high Muck boot. I wear a Bogg boot, which is similar to the Muck, when it rains. It took three years for the heel on the Bogg boot to wear out and I bought another pair. I don't think the Boggs would be comfortable to wear all day.

Last edited by another_pilgrim; 03-19-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page