how to deodorize a woolrich outfit? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

how to deodorize a woolrich outfit?

I have several both old and newer red plaid woolrich wool hunting Outfits. They are great. The question that I have is what is the best way to make them Odor free? I don't want to put them in the washer.. Is dry cleaning the best option.... I used to spray them with some dirt cover spray, but don't like the way that smells. I try to keep them in plastic bags, but they do at times smell a little musty like my basement?

Thanks for any info..

Gobble,Gobble,Gobble -> BANG
KingRon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Re: how to deodorize a woolrich outfit?

Instructions

Things You'll Need
Detergent (bleach and alkaline-free) or liquid dish soap
Thick towels
Get what you need for every
project at HomeDepot.com

Fill a sink or bathtub with enough lukewarm water to cover the entire piece of wool clothing.

Dissolve a wool-safe detergent into the water. Use a bleach-free detergent without alkaline pH. One or two drops of liquid dish soap works well. If you use a commercial fabric detergent, measure out the manufacturer's recommended amount.

Submerge the wool clothing item in the water and let it soak for three to five minutes.

Push the wool clothing down into the water and bring it back up, letting the soap work its way through the fabric. Do not wring or rub the clothes, as these actions damage wool fabric.

Rinse the wool clothes with cool tap water until all of the soap is removed and the water runs clear. Repeat the soaking, washing and rinsing process if the clothing is heavily soiled.

Drain the sink or bathtub. Squeeze the clothing gently to remove as much of the water is possible, and let it drain in the sink for five minutes.

Spread out a thick towel and lay the clothing item flat on the towel. Starting from the end, roll the towel and clothing up, squeezing gently as you roll, to dry it. Unroll the towel and lay the clothing on a flat surface to dry completely.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Part of the Community

Re: how to deodorize a woolrich outfit?

I always hang mine outside for a couple of days. Bring it in and put in an air tight container. I put mine in a new weigh-in bag and tie it shut.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page