20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:28 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGAME View Post
Kenetrek or Schnees may be what your looking for.

Ah, the Unknown Hunter posts again. Sorry man, your avatar just cracks me up. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG] Anybody remember the Unknown Comic, wore a paper bag over his head?
Lol, its my then 5yr. old son. Thats the kind of stuff that goes on when a 5 yr old does a all day sit in a ground blind.
bohunr, bigguy54, loridr and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 10:55 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I bought 1000gm Irish Setter Elk Trackers 10 ago for a elk hunt. Still wearing them. Liked them so well, pick up a pair of 200gm for the warmer days or drives.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Regular Visitor

My 20 y/o Cabela's still stay dry. Gortex lined. I have bought another pair, but still like the old reliable ones. I do spray them with protector every so often, but they work. Current model: https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...2.uts?slotId=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Sage

I bought a pair if Hi Tec altitude IV boots, ankle high about 8 years ago and I have worn them hard, they are leather but light weight and I have never had wet feet and I cross streams and I do not get cold feet in them. When I wear them out i will replace them with the same. They sell between 70 and 80 something bucks, depending where you buy them. https://www.zappos.com/p/hi-tec-alti...181121165642:s

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 10:16 PM

i wear knee high arctic muck boots. never leaked and always warm.
Waynzee, 35 whelen and JakeS1922 like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
Same here. The only time I wear leather anymore is when I go West. In 32 days hunting Utah, I saw it rain once.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 07:42 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post

+2 for the Muck boots. I havn't walked for more than a few miles in them, but at those distances, they seem to work fine. When its really cold, I ware Alpaca wool socks in them.
bohunr likes this.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 11:04 PM

My buddies always ask me if I recently bought any brand new pairs of boots because i go through boots like people wear sneakers.
I always look for hunting and work boots that have gortex. Listed below are some of the boots that I recall having.

I had a pair of Rockies and after about 3 or 4 years they leaked, so I replaced them with wolverines and they leaked on my very first outing. Returned them anbought Danners. As mentioned by others Danners pronghorn were one of the best pair of boots I had but after several years of hard use they leaked. I was going to buy another pair but I read some bad reviews because they were now being made in china. I then replaced them with Cabela's Perfek hunter boots that are made in Germany. Had these boots for about 6 years now and still going strong.

I had a great pair of hiking boots (then work boots) that I bought at Cabelas when they first opened in Hamburg PA that I bought for $25. during a sidewalk sale. I had them for over ten years until the soles started to fall and they never leaked.

I also have sorels pac boots over 30 years old that I still wear on occasions. Cabelas knee High boots, and a pair of 10 inch lacrosse rubber boots with a zipper in the front . My go to boots for the majority of my hunting and yard work. Never had any leaks in any of these boots,
bohunr likes this.

Life Member NRA
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 12:24 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfedor View Post
Thanks for feedback. I'm looking at Irish setter 860 elk, 1000gr boots, with gortex. Gotten some great reviews
I'll give you another great review for Irish Setter boots. For the past few years, my feet have been chronically getting cold. I've had other boots up to 1200 grams and they still got cold. Last year, right after Christmas, one of our local shops had boots on sale. The salesperson recommended these Irish Setter 2000 gram boots and I bought them. The first day of bear season this year was the first I wore them. 10 inches of snow on the ground and I had to cross a stream to get where I was going. My feet stayed dry and never even began to get cold all day, even standing in all that snow.
bohunr likes this.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfedor View Post
Thanks for feedback. I'm looking at Irish setter 860 elk, 1000gr boots, with gortex. Gotten some great reviews
Update on boots: held up fine 6 days deer hunting, 3 rabbit hunting trips, no water leaks, hopefully I can get couple of years out of them
bigguy54 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page