Reloading primer question - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Reloading primer question

I am looking into starting reloading. From researching several sites and equipment reviews, I see a lot of people saying they are having difficulty finding supplies...mostly primers. Is this still the case? I would hate to invest in equipment to find out primers were impossible to come by.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Reloading primer question

You should have no problem finding primers.Even when some weere having trouble,I was able to get them as usual.I did stock up on them when they were a hot topic.
JIM
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 04:18 PM

I do not have a problem finding them around here. You are close enough to Ebensburg to run to CAC right off 22. They sell to the public and are the local distributer of ammo and reloading components. There phone # is (814)472-4430 if you want to call them to see how much trouble they are having getting stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

you should be buying your reloading equipment and supplies (powder, primers, cases, and bullets) from the same place. if they don't have both shop elsewhere.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill
you should be buying your reloading equipment and supplies (powder, primers, cases, and bullets) from the same place. if they don't have both shop elsewhere.
I go to three different places depending on what I need. All three have good prices on certain things but not on everything. Go where the prices are the best!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 AM
Frequent Contributor

[/quote]I go to three different places depending on what I need. All three have good prices on certain things but not on everything. Go where the prices are the best![/quote]

I take it you don't figure gas or your time into that equation.

"The only senseless killing, would be the killing of me"
-Matthew Zerby
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I think a lot of things are tight, especially now. My friend used my range to sight in yesterday with factory 180s because he went 3 places unable to get factory loaded 165s. On TV tonight they reported from a few gunshops on how people were having problems finding loaded ammo. I haven't had problems getting primers in Montrose because the owner there limits the quantities he sells. I suspect after the season everything will be easier to get. Primers come in 100 packs so unless you're a high volume shooter about 5 packs could last for years. I stayed well stocked with reloading components so temporary fluctuations don't bother me. Don' think it is only reloading components. Much easier to stay stocked on reloading components than it is to stock up on factory ammo.

Stand up and be counted, join an outdoor sports organization
Life NRA,Life PTA,Annual SCI
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

CAC is a great place but even they run out. I was in there last week for 5 1/2 primers and some H4350. Left with same as I had before going in.

Life member NRA
Life member DAV
Life member VFW
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 PM

I go to three different places depending on what I need. All three have good prices on certain things but not on everything. Go where the prices are the best![/quote]
I take it you don't figure gas or your time into that equation. [/quote]I am not going to spend $5-$10 more for something that I can get 3 miles down the road cheaper. I do not have money to throw away like that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page