Electronic Hearing Protection - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Electronic Hearing Protection

I was reading an old shooter's bible and came across an article on hearing protection and since I already have a hearing loss it got me thinking about wearing something while sm. game hunting . I searched and found some fit in the ear types,but they are from $300 and up for the good ones. Walker game ear HD is $130 on e-bay.Anyone use these small type hearing protection devices? I don't want to wear the muff type as they will interfere with wearing a hat and are too bulky.I also found these cheap earplug type - http://www.gundogsonline.com/hearing-pro...the-ear-ac.html Anyone use these ? Just don't need to lose any more hearing than I already have .Being on a tight budget I'd like to spend as little as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Electronic Hearing Protection

Duke,you have brought up a subject that i take very seriously.I have bilateral defective hearing in both ears from my service in vietnam and i am extremely cautious when it comes to my hearing.I have tried them all and the higher the Db rating the better.The highest i have seen are the soft ear plugs you roll and insert until they expand to your ear.they arerated at 33DB.I personaly like electronic muffs and while i was shooting trap i used Pro Ears Predator Gold listed at 26 db.They are concave at the bottom of each ear piece so they don;t interfere with your stock.I use these the most,even when shooting my rifle,pistols and revolvers.If i want added protection i use them with the sofe plugs also.Have used Peltors in the past along with some cheaper versions and without a doubt the Pro Ears are the best.They even have a pair rated at 33Db.I realize everyone's budget is different but you should def.not let that interfere with your hearing protection.Save up the $$$ and buy yourself the best because when your hearing is lost,it will never come back.I wish you the best .
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Electronic Hearing Protection

You are right on the hearing never coming back. I have tinnitus occurring once in a while and don't want to have any more problems.I found these muffs by peltor-tactical 6s realtree hardwoods http://www.gundogsonline.com/hearing-pro...-hardwoods.html When I shoot at the range I wear foam plugs plus ear muff type protectors.I definately won't buy the cheapest ones when I do decide . People take their hearing for granted untill it's too late.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page