down hunting jacket or parka - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

down hunting jacket or parka

anyone know if anybody makes a good camo goose down hunting jacket or parka now that I am getting older I like to travel as light as possible and down is light and warm I know it is not the best thing in the rain but it wouldn't be used in the rain. it seems to me its hard to find anything for hunting in goose down except maybe a vest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Frequent Contributor

I wear my down coat under a nice camo shell that is quieter and more abrasion resistance than my nylon down jacket. Also can remove and pack it down in pack of you get to warm.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 04:22 PM
The Man

I like down too. I wear down under a shell. The shell is wind and waterproof.

Take a look at this stuff. I'm waiting for the super down jacket to go back on sale. It lists for $230 but on sale it is around $160. Thei down is waterproof so they say. The company has a good rep.

KUIU Super Down Products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
I like down too. I wear down under a shell. The shell is wind and waterproof.

Take a look at this stuff. I'm waiting for the super down jacket to go back on sale. It lists for $230 but on sale it is around $160. Thei down is waterproof so they say. The company has a good rep.

KUIU Super Down Products
do you know how often they go on sale. do you or anyone you know have any of there products they look good for $160 price they have one for $20 more with the hood thanks for the information
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have a Remington goose down parka 19100 for quite sometime now. The only place I could find another is Texas fowlers has them for $124.00. Check it out.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 09:59 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by schott View Post
do you know how often they go on sale. do you or anyone you know have any of there products they look good for $160 price they have one for $20 more with the hood thanks for the information
They just went off sale but they seem to have offers about every month. I expect one before Christmas.

If I hear anything I'll post it.

BTW You could get on their mailing list. But like most they inundate you with email.

I have not purchased anything from them yet. I found out about them after reading they produced the Stika line and then sold Stika out to Gore-Tex.

Last edited by Dogface; 12-12-2016 at 10:02 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peddle-paddle View Post
I wear my down coat under a nice camo shell that is quieter and more abrasion resistance than my nylon down jacket. Also can remove and pack it down in pack of you get to warm.
what type camo shell do you use, I know down will pack down small but its a little bulkie when your wearing it how many sizes larger is the shell compared to the down jacket
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 03:25 PM
The Man

Quote:

Quote:
what type camo shell do you use, I know down will pack down small but its a little bulkie when your wearing it how many sizes larger is the shell compared to the down jacket
It was made by Rocky. It is over ten years old. It has a liner but it is not warm. I use a down jacket from Cabela's or a Bean's vest under it.

This is similar to what I'm using now: Cabela's Deercreek Down Jacket Regular : Cabela's
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 08:29 AM
The Man

Schott

Ck your pm's.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Frequent Contributor

The camo shell is by Browning bought from Cabela's. Not Goretex has a few pockets. Is a quiet material not fleece. The down jacket was bought from an outfitter store. It is puffy but warm. I wear this when I won't be walking much as I will overheat. I also wear at times a synthetic lighter jacket at times that was a liner from another coat. I looked at the kuiu site. Nice stuff. I wonder how well their synthetic insulation jackets compress compared to down. There is also a synthetic down called Primaloft.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page