Mucks or Bogs ?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Mucks or Bogs ??

In need of new Boots this year. Usually wear Muck Boots but am hearing that Bogs are better and last longer. Any recommendations ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mucks or Bogs ??

I have never owned Mucks but I have a pair of Bogs. This will be their third season and they are still holding up well. And I hunt something almost everyday from October til February so they've got a lot of miles on them. The camo is starting to wear off the toes but that's the only thing I've noticed with them.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM

I like my muck fieldblazers. I wear lacrosse alphaburly's during the cold months. The best boots I ever wore (borrowed for a day) were the muck artics with the blaze orange inside. They don't make them like that anymore last time I checked, but they were super comfortable and warm.

"The good that men do live on long after they're gone"
USAF AD 2006-Til they make me leave.
2B and 2D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 10:45 AM
The Man

None of my mucks lasted very long. I like them but they fall apart. Currently wearing cabelas instinct. While the fit isn't as good they have lasted over a year

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a pair of Muck artic pros and have worn them for goose hunting and deer and some spring gobbler if its cold out ! They have kept my feet very warm even in the coldest weather in late season ! I have had them for 5 yrs and they still are in good condition and comfortable ! I actually just bought another pair of muck boots for early season goose and early season archery ! they are the pursuit stealth cool boot with more protection on the face of the boot to make them more abrasion resistant from briars and stuff !

Blend in or go hungry !!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Banned

I've burned out every kind of rubber knee boot I have had for the last I don't know how many years. Last year I tried the the new Lacrosse Arrohead, and I'm actually on my second year for them. They are continuing to go strong with very minimal wear. Probably the most comfortable knee boot I have worn. They have a neoprene upper, and a foam rubber bottom that extends up the shin for added protection. They come in 2 thickness of neoprene, I have the thinned one but it is still plenty warm for archery hunting.

Very quality boot that I would highly recommend.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 01:03 PM

Count me in as another vote for Lacrosse as an alternate to the Muck/Bog offerings. I've got a set of Lacrosse 400g Thinsulate insulated, full-rubber shank boots that my wife bought me about 10 years back that are still going. This despite many, many miles in the Midwest pheasant fields and dozens of creeks crossed. The camo is worn down in a good number of places, but they remain completely waterproof. They aren't terribly good in very cold weather on account of having only light insulation, but that's by design. She may have paid $70 for these back then and they were worth every penny. I've thought about getting some of the 1500g insulated Lacrosse boots because I've been so impressed with my current set.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

love my bogs...only down side is that the calf area of the boot can be a little larger...3+ years and they look like new

Come and try to take my guns!.you might meet my precious metal collection!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:54 PM
The Man

heard the same from others so I bought a pair. Leaked after 1 yr! fit great, light, but junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-Gun
Count me in as another vote for Lacrosse as an alternate to the Muck/Bog offerings. I've got a set of Lacrosse 400g Thinsulate insulated, full-rubber shank boots that my wife bought me about 10 years back that are still going. This despite many, many miles in the Midwest pheasant fields and dozens of creeks crossed. The camo is worn down in a good number of places, but they remain completely waterproof. They aren't terribly good in very cold weather on account of having only light insulation, but that's by design. She may have paid $70 for these back then and they were worth every penny. I've thought about getting some of the 1500g insulated Lacrosse boots because I've been so impressed with my current set.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 02:31 PM

Surprised to hear that. Personal experience is just that, of course, so your mileage may vary, but I've had nothing but good luck with my Lacrosse runner boots and Mack's Prairie Wings waterfowl waders (made by Lacrosse)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page