Danner Boots A case for quality and comfort - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Danner Boots A case for quality and comfort

I got a new pair of U.S. made Danner's and they are ..
$300 bucks and if they are like my last pair
I'll have them for another 20 plus years..that'll be 2 pair of boots in 36 years? That's if I make it!
BTW my old pair have been used and abused and are still so comfortable I had them resoled and over stitched and their still tight, waterproof and working going on 16 years!
Just a shout out for one of those U.S. companies and a U.S. made product that for me have lived up to what they promise...plus!
Meanwhile my buddies are struggling through multiple pairs of 100=150$ boots, with wet and sore feet and just when they break in they break apart!
OC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Banned

Re: Danner Boots A case for quality and comfort

i got a pair of rocky bear claws that are 15 years old and as good as the day i bought them
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 03:53 PM

My USA made pronghorns that I had for 10 years now had to be replaced because they leaked. The Pronghorns that are made today are now made in China.

Life Member NRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Part of the Community

I would NOT recommend the Pronghorn boots made in China. I bought a pair (200 gr thinsulite) on sale this fall and had to return them to Cabela's. Ordered my usual size, they fit feet well but rubbed my bones on the outside of ankles to the point of getting sore.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I sure hope you have better luck with them than I've had with the last few pairs of Danners I've had. About the last 3 years Danners quality has dropped drastically to the point I'd put them in the same class as Rocky, which IMO, isn't saying much. Soles cracking, inner lining coming out, peeling leather, leak when they are new, etc, etc. A co-worker has a 3 month old pair of $300+ Canadians that he is sending back for the same reasons.

Iím a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM

I bought another pair of US made Danners last year and love them, same model as the ones I bought 15 years ago. Deff worth the extra money

Friends don't let friends buy inlines
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

You have to be careful with Danners. They do make most of their boots offshore now. I think the Canadians are still made in the USA. I have a pair of Canadians that are 2 years old and still look brand new.

Keep Americans working!
Buy made in USA!!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:16 PM
New Arrival

I have a pair of Danners that I love.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 09:43 PM

I bought a pair of Danner "Grouse" boots a few years ago and they are my best boots ever. I had a fire at my house and I had a pair of Pronghorns that got destroyed, so I replaced them with another pair of "Grouse" boots. I wore them (new ones) a few times to break them in and when I wore them to hunt small game they somehow really screwed up my foot to the fact i couldnt hardly walk on it. I still have problems with it and they cant find anything wrong. I sent them back thru the retailer from whom I bought them and they issued me a credit for them. Good service but I would like to know what was wrong with them to darn near cripple my foot!!!! Old boots still fit great and the new boots fit great also.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Sage

Bot some USA made Danners from cabelas about 10 years ago. Think they ran 250-300 range. Best boot ive ever owned!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page