Portable blind - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Portable blind

Just want to run something by you more experienced folks. I learned a bit joining the orange army on state game lands last year, and want to apply it. It seems a lot of folks "claim" a spot and build up sticks to make a makeshift blind, or find a place where some logs have fallen and huddle in there. I was thinking of something more portable without carrying (or spending the money on) one of those portable blinds. I try to hike a good bit to get away from folks, last year is was a little over 1/4 mile, this year it will be 1/2 mile or more, so I want something light. It would be nice to find a spot out in the open, where no one is set up or would think to set up, and plop down a quick blind.

I saw Walmart is selling some lightweight camo tarp, and was thinking of grabbing that tarp, cutting four sticks in the field, and making an...open blind? Basically it will be high enough to see and shoot out of, but conceal my movements as necessary. Anyone use anything similar or have other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 03:15 AM
The Man

Re: Portable blind

You can hide behind a solid material and your movements will be concealed.

If you buy mesh or any of the materials that are not solid the deer will be able to see your movement.

Some of the guys were talking about the tree umbrellas in another post. If you could get a big one you could lay it on the ground in front of you. I have one about 3' in diameter and have set it up on the ground a few times. Not the best but it does break up your outline.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Portable blind

we used to buy the camo burlap, find a couple of small trees together and lash some fallen branches between them and drape the camo over them. it gave us a steady rest and when we were done just roll the burlap up and we were on our way

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page