Browning Bird-N-Lite game jacket - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Browning Bird-N-Lite game jacket

I got a Browning upland canvas jacket for Christmas. It was way too big so I took it back to Bass Pro and even the next size smaller was very bulky . Also very stiff . Looking at other options. A cotton and polyester version of the canvas one.
They did not have the Bird-N-Lite in stock. It has support waist and shoulder straps built in with a small pack on back. Bass Pro has none on line, other sites say no longer being made. Ordered one from ebay.
Anyone have one? your opinions?

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Browning Bird-N-Lite game jacket

Well got the jacket off ebay, Nice setup. Cotton and polyester, large game bag, small pack on top of game bag, good for lunch and whatnot. Side pockets for water bottles. front pocket for dog radio transmiters. But the big deal with this jacket is that it has a waistbelt and shoulder straps sewn into the jacket. Works like the adjustable shoulder straps on your pack, reach up front under the game bag side access and you can shift the load to the waist belt which is sewn into the inside back of jacket. Hard to explain but works very well. When I wear my vest all day with a load it strains my shoulder and neck muscles. This may help. Will give a field report soon

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page