Huntin Boots? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Huntin Boots?

I bought a pair of Itaska 1000 gram boots(Muck type) at Dunhams a couple years ago and loved em.My son got em out yesterday when his feet got soaked in his boots and they are dry rott crackin already.I was hopin Dunham,s would replace em but no deal.How good is the warranty on any of your Muck types?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Huntin Boots?

I'm not sure but this is the 8th yr. using my current pair of Muck Boots. My first pair lasted 6 years until one of the soles came off.

PETA hates me, but I'm okay with that......
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Sent a email to Itaska and they want the codes on the label on the boots,the size,and the Dunham,s store phone#.I,m hopin they tae care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:43 PM
The Man

wow! 8 yrs out of a pair of mucks? You must not use much. I get 1.5 yrs out of a pair. I cant find a pair that is comfy, warm and lasts more then 2 yrs. Mucks separate at the sole, Lacrosse split.
Currently I have a cabelas pair that mimic mucks. Instinct accelerator. Only used them since Oct so jury is out.

havent found a warranty

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
The Man

WOW!I guess if Muck,s wear out that fast for what they cost I can,t expect mine would last any longer.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTOXEN
wow! 8 yrs out of a pair of mucks? You must not use much. I get 1.5 yrs out of a pair. I cant find a pair that is comfy, warm and lasts more then 2 yrs. Mucks separate at the sole, Lacrosse split.
Currently I have a cabelas pair that mimic mucks. Instinct accelerator. Only used them since Oct so jury is out.

havent found a warranty
I wear them every time its cold enough and also walk countless miles shed hunting while wearing them.. I wouldn't even look at another brand of boot next time I need a pair, ( which will probably be next yr. because they are getting pretty tore up from briars etc ) ill just buy my next pair of Mucks.

PETA hates me, but I'm okay with that......
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 02:12 AM
The Man

I am on my third year with my Mucks, still going strong. I just don't like the way my feet sweat in them.
I just bought a pair of Irish Setter Elk Trackers, 1000 gram. Only worn them once so far but they are nice, I just like leather boots.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:10 PM
The Man

Always good to check what the PA hunter is using.
I'm down south and have cold weather boots. It's already getting cold. Today was below 40, and the damp temps don't help.

I have an good old pair of Sorel boots. Found a good outer treatment for the leather. Had some homemade patch lube for a muzzleloader that proved good for the sorel leather. Made of petroleum jelly(vasoline) and vegetable shortening.

Have a newer pair of rubber 1000 grain rubber insulated boots. Bought them on a closeout summer sale some years ago. Those $150 boots now make me wince. But then I'm down south.

Had a couple of pairs of military uninsulated boots. Bought as "blems." Thought of getting them in order for winter wear north and south. Decided to use a 70 year old military solution for cold weather. GI's in World War II had uninsulated boots and used gaiters. Will work good for me. But moreso for hiking partner who wears low cut hiking boots in cold southern weather. I have her all set with cold weather (leg) gaiters, a neck gaiter to keep the neck and head area warm, and military fur lined mittens with a "trigger" finger for the camera she carries. Good for me to test out on a hiking trail first.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Frequent Contributor

Rubber boots just don't hold up like leather between wearing them and natural rubber break down I'm happy if I get 3 seasons .....2 is more likely.....I've always bought Lacrosse or Cabela's sounds like it may be time to try Mucks
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 08:56 AM

I wear my Muck Woody Sports for everything I do in the woods. They get worn at least once a week whether it's Novemebr hunting upland game, sitting on deer stand in December, hanging a treestand in July ice fishing in January or shoveling snow in February, or spring gobbler hunting in May. This pair of boots will be two years old, on Christmas Day. They have been Gooped once in 2014 from a hole that was sliced through the sidewall of the boot (don't ask but it was user error). Other than that they are doing fantastic. My feet sweat in them every time I wear them, regardless of whether or not it's 10 degrees or 70 degrees. Additionally I have a pair of Muck Chore ST's that I wear for work (I do pipeline) on rainy days, muddy days or snowy days and any time it's below freezing. Those boots have lasted me since November 2011. I have one hole in the neoprene but they are stout. I still love leather boots but NOTHING beats a Muck.

Only the owners of a GSP would truly understand, "If I fits, I sits".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page