Cabelas Inferno 2000 Gram Pac Boots - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
DLR
New Arrival

Cabelas Inferno 2000 Gram Pac Boots

I am currently shopping around for a new pair of hunting boots and I think these are what Im looking for. I was wondering if anyone on here have these and what your opinions is of them. Currently I have a pair of Rocky Gore-tex 800 gram boots that I like but they are about 7 years old and the tread has started to literally crumble away. Im not sure if it is a defect or just age but I cant complain since they lasted me about 7 years. Any opinions are appreciated and also any other recommendations are encouraged.

Thank you.
DLR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Cabelas Inferno 2000 Gram Pac Boots

i bought the cabela's trekkers 2000 gram this year. not PAC boots but close as you can get. I have always had problems with my feet being cold I have never had a boot that kept them warm and I have tried a ton of boots.
I wouldn't say that my toes are toasty but they are not quite cold either. that means a ton coming from me because my toes are always cold. a normal person may find them too warm. They are the best I have found so far. A liner sock and a wool sock and I am set. I have had to call it a morning a few times in the past but these boots have saved a few hunts so far this year.
the only downside to the boots is if you are taking long walks, they get heavy but its worth it to me to be able to stay put when I want to hunker down.
I would say they are are a 10 for the intended purpose.

I have skimped in the past with gear but I am way more serious now. Cabela's gear as far as clothes and boots are concerned can't be beat.

It is the shallowest water that makes the most noise.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Regular Visitor

The Iron Ridge Boot from Cabela's is also a winner in my book. They have 800 gram of Thinsulate with the knob sole. Had my first pr. for well over 10 yrs. and just started wearing my 2nd pr of the same boot this yr. My dad also has the same boot as cartemj06 and the only complaint is that they get heavy walking in. He also suffers from cold foot problem. Cabela's can't be beat in my book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
DLR
New Arrival

Thanks guys. After looking at the cabelas website again. It appears that the infernos are backordered so Ill probably look into the boots you guys mentioned and if nothing else wait till the infernos are availiable again. Im going to finish out the season with my currents boots anyway so Im not in that big of a hurry. Thanks for the input.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

the ones i mentioned were in the bargain basement so they are a good price too.

It is the shallowest water that makes the most noise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page