Wide with Rubber Boots - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 4C
Posts: 2,222
Back To Top
Wide with Rubber Boots

I need a good quality pair in a wide width. I also have trouble finding a pair that have enough room in the calf area so that I can tuck my pants inside.

Any recommendations? I need an insulated and an uninsulated pair.

I have a pair of muck boots, which I love, but they are not the most comfortable for all day walking, plus my feet tend to sweat in them.

Thanks.
TedC54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 02:18 PM
The Man
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,576
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

Ha, the truth is there are no form fitting boots unless you have an average leg and an average size foot.
I remember meeting a woman looking for waders for her son. He was only 15 and needed a size 15 foot in the wader.

"Ma'am, you ought to be glad you only legally have to buy him shoes until he's 18.

I had a relative with large calves. Oh, did he have trouble finding clothes, especially some on sale. His size was never on sale

I was the smallest member of my last basketball team. I was lucky to get back into archery. I was fitted for a 30 inch draw, rthen the biggest size at the store.

They don't make sizes for everyone.

mus42tang is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
RobOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington Co. P.A.
Posts: 4,537
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedC54
I need a good quality pair in a wide width. I also have trouble finding a pair that have enough room in the calf area so that I can tuck my pants inside.

Any recommendations? I need an insulated and an uninsulated pair.

I have a pair of muck boots, which I love, but they are not the most comfortable for all day walking, plus my feet tend to sweat in them.

Thanks.
I think your foot will sweat in any rubber boot. I wear a size 12 or 13 depending on brand, but my width is a 4E. I feel your pain when it comes to rubber boots and hip waders that are wide enough.
RobOz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Coureur De Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern 2G & Northern 4D
Posts: 4,240
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

If you go with a pair of gortex hip waders they will give you the room needed, just need to buy a pair of wading boots to go with them.
I agree on the rubber boots, my feet sweat in them also.
LL Bean makes high rubber bottom boots, up to 16 inches, but I won't advise them for snow, the chain link sole doesn't give the best traction.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
Coureur De Bois is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
RobOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington Co. P.A.
Posts: 4,537
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coureur De Bois
If you go with a pair of gortex hip waders they will give you the room needed, just need to buy a pair of wading boots to go with them.
I agree on the rubber boots, my feet sweat in them also.
LL Bean makes high rubber bottom boots, up to 16 inches, but I won't advise them for snow, the chain link sole doesn't give the best traction.
Do you have a source for extra wide wading boots?
RobOz is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 08:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Coureur De Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern 2G & Northern 4D
Posts: 4,240
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

No, what I would do is visit your local fly fishing shop, cabela's or bass pro, and try a pair of stocking foot gortex waist high waders on, then a pair of wading shoes to go with them.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
Coureur De Bois is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Coureur De Bois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern 2G & Northern 4D
Posts: 4,240
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

What I have is a pair of Cabela's waist high gortex waders, along with size 10 Hodgman wading shoes. I wear a size 10EE shoe. They feel a little tight when first put on but seem to streach a little once I start walking and when in the water.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
Coureur De Bois is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 12:22 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sullivan County/Texoma
Posts: 3,051
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

Mucks Woody Elite and Artic Pros fit my 11 4E the best. All rubber boots cause sweating. I had several pair of LaCrosse, but the Mucks are more comfortable.
When doing any serious walking I wear Leather w/ GoreTex.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
pappybear is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 02:59 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
RobOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington Co. P.A.
Posts: 4,537
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coureur De Bois
What I have is a pair of Cabela's waist high gortex waders, along with size 10 Hodgman wading shoes. I wear a size 10EE shoe. They feel a little tight when first put on but seem to streach a little once I start walking and when in the water.
That is what I meant. Go with stocking foot and add the boot. Someone out there had to make a wide wading boot. Thanks.
RobOz is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 4C
Posts: 2,222
Back To Top
Re: Wide with Rubber Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappybear
Mucks Woody Elite and Artic Pros fit my 11 4E the best. All rubber boots cause sweating. I had several pair of LaCrosse, but the Mucks are more comfortable.
When doing any serious walking I wear Leather w/ GoreTex.
Thanks. Will check those out.

I have a good pair of Danner leather/gore tex boots but I need VERY waterproof boots for a moose hunt in Newfoundland. There will also be a lot of walking involved.
TedC54 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome