CO2 flintlock dischargers. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

CO2 flintlock dischargers.

Got to say I have read some good and bad reviews but I just got one for Christmas, been wanting one for years. My take on it after only one trial is- it is awsome!! Sure will be great to be able to discharge the flinter and not have to fire it. I can see a lot of benefits like if you think it may have gotten damp or rain down the barrel. I just screwed out my touch hole and gave it a shot of CO2 and out it came. Make sure you are pointing your flinter in a safe direction. Did mine in the basement and didn't find the bullet yet but seen it take a bounce. As long as you use caution with the direction the barrel is pointing I feel it is an excellant investment- so far. Sure will be nice on one of those days when I have to hurry up and go to work and don't have enough time to fire the flinter and clean it before I go. Sure will give me a piece of mind cause if I do have any doubt I can just blow out the load, check the barrel and reload it when I feel their is any possibility of a misfire.

You canít get them if you ainít in the woods!!
<span style="font-weight: bold">GOD BLESS</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 06:36 AM
The Man

Re: CO2 flintlock dischargers.

Nice too, for those times you forget that the powder goes in first..

A discharger is one of those rare items that can you make you wonder how you lived without it. You sure want to practice muzzle discipline when using it!

With my small bores, I've had some success with laying a plastic shopping bag over the muzzle and capturing everything including the powder charge. With the big bores, the ball goes straight through the bag.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip. That baby flew out of there. Thank God I am not an idiot and pointed it in a safe direction. Left my load in from last season and never shot it out. Blew it out checked the barrel- good to go. I was out this morning with no luck. Not a soul in the woods. Gonna head out to see if I have any luck this evening after I get some of our Christmas mess put away. I must have been a good boy. They got me way to much. Usually don't get but one or two presents. Also got a scent lock coat, a carrier for on the back of the SUV, warm socks and a shop vac.

You canít get them if you ainít in the woods!!
<span style="font-weight: bold">GOD BLESS</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 11:59 PM

Sometimes, after using the dis-charger , there will some compressed Powder by Breech. I use a patch Puller to loosen It up and dump it out...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Where did you guys get yours? I saw Cabela's has them on sale right now with a pretty healthy discount. What do you's think of this one?

Cabela's CO2 Discharger

Eh...wot?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron pa
Sometimes, after using the dis-charger , there will some compressed Powder by Breech. I use a patch Puller to loosen It up and dump it out...
REMEMBER THIS!!!

Some times the powder gets packed, the co2 blows a path right through the middle or side of it....the ball comes out but not all the powder. Always scrape the breach when finished! Don't want a double load.

Other than that I love mine.....

Your just jealous because I've been chatting online with babes all day!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Frequent Contributor

That's the kind I have lugnut!

Your just jealous because I've been chatting online with babes all day!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 07:31 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron pa
REMEMBER THIS!!!

Some times the powder gets packed, the co2 blows a path right through the middle or side of it....the ball comes out but not all the powder. Always scrape the breach when finished! Don't want a double load.

Other than that I love mine.....
When properly drilled, the touch hole itself should kiss the breach plug surface. Many are found with the hole drilled higher, placing the hole slightly above the plug.

When you stop to think about it, it takes a couple seconds for the air pressure to build up enough to move the ball. Most ahead of the touch hole is going to move somewhere with the purge. Behind it, the air pressure is compressing powder in the opposite direction ...against the plug. So depending on the touch holes location in relation to the plugs surface will depend on the amount of caked powder remaining that you need a breach plug scrapper to loosen.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 11:31 AM

I just use my air compressor. Point it into a box of rags. You can get a good bit of air thru to dislodge any stuck powder too after the ball comes out.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstalker
That's the kind I have lugnut!
Have you used it? If yes, how do you like it?

Eh...wot?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page