Thermacell heated insoles - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Thermacell heated insoles

Anyone ever try these? They are quite pricy, but there are some days, even recently, where sitting in the stand and my toes are frozen. I wear an uninsulated rubber boot with layered wool socks and an 800 gram insulated. I have trouble keeping warm in both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Send a message via AIM to jlh42581
Re: Thermacell heated insoles

every review ive ever read didnt rate them well. try a light boot with a hot moc or another over boot system like icebreaker boot blankets

What I say might not be the popular trend but at least Im not afraid to speak my mind!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Ive tried the boot blankets and they didn't seem to work very well. I may just break down and buy a quality pac boot. Though it may be overkill, as long as my feet are warm, who cares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Send a message via AIM to jlh42581

climbing in one would be terrible. the icebreaker is like a moon boot. ive got a pair ive never worn. ive got hotmocs but havent broken them out yet either, but theyve got great reviews. The over boot systems you gotta wear something light enough to let the heat in and have room for the handwarme to breathe, oxygen makes them work, you can shut them down with a sandwhich bag and reuse. hence they dont work in boots like people expect. ever notice you take them out sometimes you think they shut down at home and lay them out, pick up an hour later and theyre BLAZING hot?

I bought the muck arctic last winter and finally used them this year. Ive been out in 28 so far, no cold feet with one pair of socks.

What I say might not be the popular trend but at least Im not afraid to speak my mind!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

toe warmers! they have been great for me. my feet have been cold my whole life(57 years)! they don't make a boot to keep them warm. the throw away toe warmers have made it possible for me to have warm toes all day.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Frequent Contributor

Agree with Blackpowder! I have a pair of $200 Sorels that are rated to -100 degrees.My toes still get cold in them! And they are definitely not made for any walking! Last few years I have been wearing my Lacrosse rubber boots with a liner sock and a wool sock and the stick-on chemical toe warmers.The key is having some airspace in the toe area so the toe heaters work better.
Bob
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Stay away from cotton socks and go with Merino Wool. I bought a pair of Rocky Merino Wool socks at Wally World and a pair of sock liners. Haven't had an issue at all with them and my feet were always cold especially my toes.

My name is Moss and i'm a turkey huntin' addict

I'm itchin' to see a red fox twitchin!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 09:00 AM

Alpaca wool felt liners work great for the bottom of the boot, if you gotta wear rubber, grab a couple pair of wool felt liners, one to dry the other to wear and switch them daily! If your sitting they have those whole sole instant heat things, they work great for extreme cold/inactive hunting.

Anybody can shoot deer on the farm ground....You earn it in the mountains.......
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Part of the Community

I got a pair of the thermacell heated insoles as a birthday gift. I would never of spent the cash to buy these for myself but I am planning to use them. I have never use any heated sock or insole before so this may be a game changer during cold hunts. I typically sit until 9-10am before my feet get cold during a cold rifle season, now maybe I can sit longer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page