All around hunting boots - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

All around hunting boots

I am looking for a new set of boots for hunting. I am gonna use them for birds bears and deer hunting. they need to be warm enough for those zero degree first morning of deer season sits for a couple of hours but light enough that i can walk all day in them. also they need to be tough we hunt in some rough stuff and my last pair are all torn up from the brairs. i hope to go out west next year to pheasant hunt so i will putting miles on them and im not afraid to spend a little extra on a set that will last longer then my last pair. the boots need to have a good selection of sizes also because i have a long narrow foot and the average boot doesnt fit me right. thanks for all your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: All around hunting boots

The Under Armour Brow Tine 800-Gram Hunting boots. I believe they are $200 at cabelas but are very good boots.

I will never understand why people can be so blinded by a liar.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 03:02 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Some brands to consider, in no particular order:

-Kennetrek
-Asolo (hiker-height)
-Meindl

You really can't get a boot that will keep you warm when stationary on a real cold morning and NOT be too heavy/warm for upland hunting. To have one boot do it all, you'll need something like the Arctic Shield overboots and some Hot-Hands warmers to put inside.

I use my Asolo Sasslongs (uninsulated hikers) for early bow season, warm days in turkey season, and upland hunting/shed hunting. I use my Meindl Perfekts (400g Thinsulate) with Merino wool socks and overboots in colder weather.

I can't stand warm weather hunts in insulated boots, nor hard hikes/walks with boots that are too hot/heavy. And my feet will freeze in such light boots in a cold deer stand. Two pairs and some over boots should get you pretty well covered.

I do use a pair of Cabela's boots in 1200g thinsulate range for real cold sits in flintlock season, but I got them for cheap and don't have to walk much in them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 PM
The Man

I keep some old Sorel, felt lined, rubber bottom boots. Might see another minus zero day, dragging a deer across some frigid snow. On those days it doesn't come down to all around boots.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 12:08 AM
New Arrival

I've had good luck with irish setter gunflint 1000g thinsulate and also bogs. irish setters are very warm for sitting and bogs are warmer/light walking

((((((((----------))))))))
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I've always used Carolina's , I think there great

2015 success
3 doe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 08:11 PM

Get yourself a pair of Rocky Gortex in 800 or 1000g they are light enough to hunt all day in and durable for all conditions. I usually use one pair of socks and in extreme cold weather a pair of those stick on foot warmers keeps my feet warm all day when standing in my metal tree stand.....

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page