Hr 5717 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Hr 5717

I just received this from a friend who said he checked and this is an actual bill. ???

hr5717.jpg

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Found this:

https://www.truthorfiction.com/hr-57...y-coronavirus/

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 09:56 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Bah, more Demoncrap's trying to get money through taxes. They want to tax ammo and gun sales the same way they do alcohol and tobacco to use the tax money to fund a new victim of gun violence program. B.S.
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 10:57 AM
The Man

Here's the actual bill. Haven't read through it. Note that is only in the introduced stage fwiw

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...267764F2FAC5CE
bohunr likes this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 11:43 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
Here's the actual bill. Haven't read through it. Note that is only in the introduced stage fwiw

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...267764F2FAC5CE

After a quick review, I'd characterize what Dog posted as accurate.

Federal license - check. Requires background check, completion of approved class, written test, proficiency test, good for 10 years, then repeat.

Excise tax - check. 30% on firearms, 50% on ammo.

Along with an extensive "assault weapon" ban. Including "large capacity magazines" and various parts.

Supposedly, previously owned firearms and ammo are exempt from license. How the heck would you prove that, I know I couldn't, not only don't I keep receipts for anything, I purchased or acquired all but one of my guns years ago. I didn't find establishment of a registry in the bill, but I see no other way to prove firearms and ammo are previously owned except by registering them.
bohunr and Waynzee like this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 12:01 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
After a quick review, I'd characterize what Dog posted as accurate.

Federal license - check. Requires background check, completion of approved class, written test, proficiency test, good for 10 years, then repeat.

Excise tax - check. 30% on firearms, 50% on ammo.

Along with an extensive "assault weapon" ban. Including "large capacity magazines" and various parts.

Supposedly, previously owned firearms and ammo are exempt from license. How the heck would you prove that, I know I couldn't, not only don't I keep receipts for anything, I purchased or acquired all but one of my guns years ago. I didn't find establishment of a registry in the bill, but I see no other way to prove firearms and ammo are previously owned except by registering them.

Another gem - illegal to sell or purchase more than one firearm in a 30 day period in interstate transaction. Sale or purchase of 2 or more firearms in a 30 period in interstate transaction considered "Firearms Trafficking" and subject to 15 years imprisonment.
bohunr and Waynzee like this.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Regular Visitor

Thank you for posting this. I believe that we tend to focus on gun confiscation, which is what the left will ultimately enact, but we overlook their interim strategy of making gun and ammo ownership so costly and difficult that many people, and especially future generations, will just not bother. Gun control by default. They keep chipping away. Never forget that they play the long game.

On a similar note, check out the Supreme Court declining to rule on the NY case about prohibiting transporting firearms from your home to gun ranges etc. Speculation is that a letter from leftist politicians to the court,suggesting that at some future date the court might have to be restructured depending on how the court decided the case influenced the decision not to decide the case.

More than ever, we are one election away from totalitarian rule.
bohunr, loridr and Waynzee like this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 01:33 PM

well, if they institute totalitarian rule they would also be one election away from a civil war. people that get upset over what the leftist, communist politicians are doing have to stop taking it out on innocent people and go to the source. then the message would be sent.

Disclaimer: i am not in any way advocating the use of violence, just saying that taking it out on schools and movie theaters and marathons is dumb. take the argument back to those that caused it.
Waynzee likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 05:02 PM
Frequent Contributor

take our guns

government doesn't care about ending shootings. They are wanting to make us unarmed for a government takeover which is not to likely with a heavily armed population.

""PRAY THIS COUNTRY STAYS FREE""
bohunr, Dogface and Waynzee like this.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 06:20 PM

search the web for guns and ammo. when this virus hit people started to hoard toilet paper. then they started on guns and ammo. check buds gun shop, check rk guns, check palmetto...tons of stuff sold out, even smaller handguns and not just the AR's...shotguns too. millions of guns have been sold since this started. ammo too. i waited 2 hours at RK guns in butler for the PICS check and that line was getting longer.

the people of this nation are well armed and ready.
Waynzee likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page