Virginia going after guns / confiscation in the works - Page 6 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twowithone View Post
They fell into the camp of no firearms.I made it clear it was their right too do this but seemed a little awkward they were jumping on the bandwagon of no firearms period.Dont know whats happening over in York Co. but here in Allegheny Co. especially the City of Pgh. their going after your firearms.
From what I can see, they only moved some properties into Bow hunting only. 6 of their properties are bowhunting only, 4 are any legal weapon. Seems to me there maybe several factors in them changing their policies. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between bow only and the location of the property. Its there land they can do what they want. Seems to be a decent mix of bow and all weapons properties. I'm all for the 2nd but I'm not seeing what you are seeing here.
bohunr and loridr like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejohn View Post
Why should that even be a concern? Would you not stand with a person who owns a AR?

P.S. The AR's are rifles not guns. Did you not learn while in the military "This is my rifle this is my gun, one is for killing one is for fun."
Sorry I asked.I`m not for losing any guns,I was just trying to understand what their after.I knew when some of the states out west started outlawing foothold traps that we where headed down this road.When you use to think of a western state,first thing that came to my mind was hunting and trapping.
bohunr likes this.
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 09:35 AM
The Man

Wasn't directed at you 4x4.....as said "Any of you..."....bold does catch attention does't it?
bohunr and 4x4dad like this.

If the hay is layed..a yote will be slayed

Last edited by limbhnger10; 12-28-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 12:43 PM

A report from the NRA-ILA says $250,000 in gun control funding has been added to Virginia’s 2020 Budget Bill.

The NRA-ILA report notes, “Budget Bill HB30 includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.”

The NRA-ILA links to the text of the Budget Bill, which says, “$250,000” has been added “for the estimated net increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment of sentencing legislation” arising from new gun controls.

The specific gun controls and the amount of operational cost spending forecast as a result of each is then listed:

1. Allow the removal of firearms from persons who pose substantial risk to themselves or others — $50,000

2. Prohibit the sale, possession, and transport of assault firearms, trigger activators, and silencers — $50,000

3. Increase the penalty for allowing a child to access unsecured firearms — $50,000

4. Prohibit possession of firearms for persons subject to final orders of protection — $50,000

5. Require background checks for all firearms sales — $50,000.

Democrats won enough races on November 5, 2019, to take control of the Virginia legislature. It was immediately clear that Gov. Ralph Northam (D) plans to use the Democrat majority to pursue a war on guns.

Eighty-five of Virginia’s 96 counties reacted to the pending gun control push by declaring themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries. Enough cities and municipalities joined the counties to result in Second Amendment Sanctuary declarations in over 100 local governments in Virginia.
bohunr likes this.

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take a ass whipping.
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twowithone View Post
They fell into the camp of no firearms.I made it clear it was their right too do this but seemed a little awkward they were jumping on the bandwagon of no firearms period.Dont know whats happening over in York Co. but here in Allegheny Co. especially the City of Pgh. their going after your firearms.
Again, a private entity disallowing use of firearms for hunting on their private property is not a trampling of your 2A rights just because the timing coincides with your local legislators choosing to pass laws that are clearly in violation of PA's constitution. It's a conclusion based on nothing but conjecture unless they specifically stated they are now taking a stand against guns and that is why they no longer allow gun hunting. It is far more likely their decision was made based on what their lawyers have advised when it comes to liability should someone be injured with a firearm on their properties.
bohunr and loridr like this.
post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
From what I can see, they only moved some properties into Bow hunting only. 6 of their properties are bowhunting only, 4 are any legal weapon. Seems to me there maybe several factors in them changing their policies. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between bow only and the location of the property. Its there land they can do what they want. Seems to be a decent mix of bow and all weapons properties. I'm all for the 2nd but I'm not seeing what you are seeing here.
The person didnt have a reply why the switch from shotgun, muzzleloader to now bow only. When I inquired about the sites different properties that say you can hunt you really cant hunt these properties their in the sharpshooters program this came from the person. So their website says 1 thing and ALT does another thing and I said your website is very confusing.

9-11-01 SOME GAVE SOMETHING. 343 GAVE ALL F.D.N.Y.
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Ret View Post
Again, a private entity disallowing use of firearms for hunting on their private property is not a trampling of your 2A rights just because the timing coincides with your local legislators choosing to pass laws that are clearly in violation of PA's constitution. It's a conclusion based on nothing but conjecture unless they specifically stated they are now taking a stand against guns and that is why they no longer allow gun hunting. It is far more likely their decision was made based on what their lawyers have advised when it comes to liability should someone be injured with a firearm on their properties.

Shows how smart lawyers are. H.B. 13 was passed that protects landowners from being sued for hunting accidents on their properties as long as there is no fee charged. Like I said its their property do as you wish.
bohunr likes this.

9-11-01 SOME GAVE SOMETHING. 343 GAVE ALL F.D.N.Y.
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejohn View Post
A report from the NRA-ILA says $250,000 in gun control funding has been added to Virginia’s 2020 Budget Bill.

The NRA-ILA report notes, “Budget Bill HB30 includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.”

The NRA-ILA links to the text of the Budget Bill, which says, “$250,000” has been added “for the estimated net increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment of sentencing legislation” arising from new gun controls.

The specific gun controls and the amount of operational cost spending forecast as a result of each is then listed:

1. Allow the removal of firearms from persons who pose substantial risk to themselves or others — $50,000

2. Prohibit the sale, possession, and transport of assault firearms, trigger activators, and silencers — $50,000

3. Increase the penalty for allowing a child to access unsecured firearms — $50,000

4. Prohibit possession of firearms for persons subject to final orders of protection — $50,000

5. Require background checks for all firearms sales — $50,000.

Democrats won enough races on November 5, 2019, to take control of the Virginia legislature. It was immediately clear that Gov. Ralph Northam (D) plans to use the Democrat majority to pursue a war on guns.

Eighty-five of Virginia’s 96 counties reacted to the pending gun control push by declaring themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries. Enough cities and municipalities joined the counties to result in Second Amendment Sanctuary declarations in over 100 local governments in Virginia.

this is only the beginning. if Trump loses they will come after guns like we have never seen before. they arent even hiding it anymore. they want total and complete control of the people.
coyotejohn, .204, .257 and 2 others like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 08:48 PM

At least if they take all of our guns it will make bow hunting awsome.
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

i hope you're kidding or being sarcastic !

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page