Let him know what you got.

bohunr and BCozhunter like this.

MAGA 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 09:15 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Video unavailable for me.
Anyways, no duty to inform in PA. Only if asked will I provide the information.

Not all cops are your friends.

Watch this vid in its entirety. Good video on how NOT to conduct a traffic stop. Hopefully the hot head cop is no longer employed.
I believe he is so angry because he and his partner screwed up so badly and could have potentially put their own lives in danger but shouldn't allow them to treat the driver the way they did or to threaten him with execution the way he did (officer's own words).
RacksnQuacks likes this.

Suburban redneck.

Last edited by justgrad25; 10-29-2019 at 09:35 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Frequent Contributor

Cop in second video should be fired immediately. He is the kind that gives officers a bad reputation.
bohunr and RacksnQuacks like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 08:59 PM
Regular Visitor

I always got a kick out of this one.

USAF retired
NRA Life Member
RMEF Life Member

Life is hard, it's harder if you are stupid--John Wayne
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Watch the Daniel Shavers execution. Then ask yourself, "What do you expect to happen to the two renegade jackboots, when Shavers executioner was actually reinstated so he could collect his pension?"

And yes, I called them jackboots cuz THAT is exactly how they acted.
dragman likes this.

Bowhunting IS life...The rest is just details!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkbowhunter View Post
Watch the Daniel Shavers execution. Then ask yourself, "What do you expect to happen to the two renegade jackboots, when Shavers executioner was actually reinstated so he could collect his pension?"

And yes, I called them jackboots cuz THAT is exactly how they acted.
There are two things that are very common in these situations where officers are forced to shoot people; One is the inability of people to follow the simple commands of the officer. Two is people ""Reaching" when they are repeatedly told not to. Shavers situation is sad, but it was entirely his fault. The jury got this one right. Lucky for the officer there was body cam footage to prove his innocence.

Good luck, Tony
bohunr and NorthernPotterCo like this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 10:34 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
There are two things that are very common in these situations where officers are forced to shoot people; One is the inability of people to follow the simple commands of the officer. Two is people ""Reaching" when they are repeatedly told not to. Shavers situation is sad, but it was entirely his fault. The jury got this one right. Lucky for the officer there was body cam footage to prove his innocence.

Good luck, Tony

"Shavers situation is sad, but it was entirely his fault."

Bravo Sierra!!! That cop played simon-ses for almost FIVE minutes screaming contradictory commands. Shavers is crying and begging "Please don't shoot me". They made him crawl, crawl, while he was covered my five SWAT officers. He was drunk and trying to pull his sweatpants up. He shoulda been cuffed and stuffed in the first 30 seconds, like they did his girlfriend. The judge wouldn't allow the jury to see that he had etched "Your F***ed" on the inside of his dust cover. If anything the camera footage showed he was an out of control cop that murdered someone. I've seen the video, in it's entirety. Most LEO's that I know (and it's plenty) were surprised he was let off.
dragman likes this.

Bowhunting IS life...The rest is just details!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 12:12 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
That cop played simon-ses for almost FIVE minutes screaming contradictory commands.
There is nothing contradictory about "Keep Your Hands Up" and "Dont Reach". If Shavers would have followed those two simple to understand commands then the officer would not have needed to repeatedly address Shavers.

Quote:
"Shavers is crying and begging "Please don't shoot me".
Again; no need to beg/cry/speak. Shavers should have just shut up and followed commands.

Quote:
They made him crawl, crawl, while he was covered my five SWAT officers.
That was a very logical way to handle the situation. They were in a narrow hallway, had no idea if there were other people in the room that Shivers came out of, did not know if Shivers/girl was still armed or not.

Quote:
He was drunk and trying to pull his sweatpants up.
LOL! Total speculation on your part. Until the officers had physical control over Shivers they had no idea if he was scratching his butt, pulling up his pants, or reaching for a firearm.

Quote:
He shoulda been cuffed and stuffed in the first 30 seconds, like they did his girlfriend.
The fact that the girl was not shot clearly shows that the officers were not out to kill. Shivers and the girl were in the EXACT same situation with the EXACT same officers. She followed their commands and was taken into custody unharmed. Shivers repeatedly questioned the officers, ignored their basic commands, and "Reached".

Quote:
The judge wouldn't allow the jury to see that he had etched "Your F***ed" on the inside of his dust cover.
Why would the judge allow it? It is totally irrelevant to the situation. For all you know the officer could have had that phrase etched on the firearm as a message to himself.

Quote:
If anything the camera footage showed he was an out of control cop that murdered someone. I've seen the video, in it's entirety.
I see a officer giving two people direct/simple/professional commands. If the officer was "Out of Control" as you claim. Why were there not two people shot? Could it be that one followed the commands and one did not?

Quote:
Most LEO's that I know (and it's plenty) were surprised he was let off.
Honestly I am surprised the officer was let off too, since we live in a society with so many anti-cop people in it. Lucky for this officer there was body cam footage available to the courts, which obviously justify his actions.

Good luck, Tony
bohunr likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 10:22 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Armchair cops abound. The bigger picture is that policing has changed through the years as has crime and criminals. Prior to 1970, prospective police officers were not universally required to pass formalized education standards. Many very good people with an intense desire to help others became police officers and did admirable work. Some others took advantage of liberal policies and thumped and/or shot suspects just because they could. The seventies saw establishment of minimum education standards and requirements and mandatory updates of that training. Many, many people of good character entered the profession, again to help others, and did honorable work. This includes a lot of good people with prior military training who continued "serving" the public upon discharge from the military. This lasted through the eighties and nineties. The start of the new century saw massive changes, especially after 2008. Political dissidence aimed at denigrating police officers became popular at the same time that drug/street gang activity skyrocketed. Officers were facing rapidly increasing risk to their lives and decreasing support from the honest, law-abiding public they served. As a result, the good officers began retiring early or just quitting while the supply of prospects with a strong desire to serve diminished. The increasing risks just outweighed the benefits of going into police work. That left such a shortage of good applicants that a recent hiring venture by the city of Portland saw only three of the sixty applicants able to pass a basic background check. THREE! Draw your own conclusions as to where that leaves us now.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Sage

One thing is for certain, if I get stopped by the police while I am driving and carrying a handgun, or if I have a sporting arm in my vehicle I will sit with my hands on the steering wheel until the officer reaches my window and addresses me. The firs thing I will do before I remove my hands from the wheel I will tell the officer I am armed and where the gun is on my person or where the sporting arm is in my truck, they will always be in a case. I will then ask the officer what they want me to do because my handgun will be very close to my hip pocket where my drivers license is. I will be guided by what I am told to do. This is what I taught my deputies and trainees at the training school. I know we have no duty to tell them, however, officers do not like surprises and I understand why, and telling them I am armed does nothing to impede my 2nd amendment rights and it could well prevent a very bad incident. I also travel through other states while carrying a handgun, some of those states do have a duty to to tell officers you are armed if you are stopped. I am not about to research every state that has a duty to report when it is not hard or demeaning in any way to simply report that you are armed and ask for direction on how they want to handle it. I like the officers want to go home at the end of the day.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in