The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Toomey and Chris Murphy

844 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  bohunr 
#1 ·
If rumours are to be believed Pat Toomey is talking with fellow senator Chris Murphy of CT on a background check bill.

Doesn't sound good.

#2 ·
Toomey is turning on us. He is taking a lot of heat from the left in his district and now he is pandering to try to keep his seat. I live in his district, he would have done better with me and like minded people in his district if he had not caved.

#11 ·
it would require background checks for ALL gun sales or transfers, of any firearm not just handguns. if i remember correctly, the problem was in the wording of one of these bills that would have required a background check even if you loaned a gun to someone just to go hunting or target shooting.

the problem with their so called "Common sense" bills, are the way they word them.

#13 ·
Toomey has showed his true colors. I had volunteered on his campaign when he was running against Spector years ago and he has done a complete 180. He turned into worse than a RINO! It is my hope that there is Pennsylvanian out there with common sense to primary him for the Republican ticket next spring. He states he is a gun owner and a member of the NRA. Does the NRA have a process to rescind him as a member ? Serious question.

#14 ·
Toomey is a HUGE disappointment. I'm so tired of getting all his emails of what he has done for the military and veterans. Not that I have anything against that at all, but they fought for our country and our Constitution, yet he feels the need to spearhead this attack on law abiding gun owners.

How about this Senator Toomey: Write a "Common Sense" Bill that "Requires" strict enforcement of ALL present gun laws, particularly the mandatory sentencing of gun related crimes and crime committed with a gun....NO plea bargans!!

#15 ·
i always like posting this, they need to make the following Federal laws State laws and strictly enforce them with zero tolerance.

It is a federal felony punishable by 10 years in prison for any convicted felon to possess any handgun, rifle or shotgun.
Or for anyone to possess a stolen firearm.
Or for anyone to give a firearm to a juvenile for the purpose of committing a crime.
Or for anyone to possess a firearm with the intention of committing a crime.
Or for anyone to use a firearm in the commission of a crime.
Or for anyone to cross state lines with the intention to unlawfully obtain a firearm or to commit a crime.
All felonies punishable up to 10 years in prison.
Plea bargains for gun crimes must stop.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.