Tomey, Casey, and Wolf - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Tomey, Casey, and Wolf

Anybody see what these guys are trying to get passed and made law for gun ownership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Sage

Nope, and I doubt I want to know.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Toomey- Hardcore on background checks and red flag.....

Wolf... All assault and semi's

Casey.... does whatever everyone else wants... except Pennsylvanians
bohunr, Waynzee and ruger300 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:59 PM

here is one from Tombstone Toomey

https://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=op_ed&id=2473
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:02 PM

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahack View Post
here is one from Tombstone Toomey

https://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=op_ed&id=2473

thats already illegal. so, they want to pass a law that forces them to enforce an existing law instead of holding agencies accountable for not enforcing the existing laws we have....i would laugh if this wasnt so stupid.

they want the feds to notify state authority so the thug can be charged under state law instead of federal law...LOL

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
As bohnr said, the denial notification is already law, but by their own account it is seldom enforced. An issue I do have with this new/old law is what provisions are built into it to address when a false denial occurs? I'm sure we all know of someone who has experienced a database "glitch", whether through NICS, Do Not Fly List, or just trying to log into an Internet application. What happens then? Will the person be arrested and have to prove their innocence?

Strengthening our firearm background check system is an area where this is possible. In addition to expanding the scope of background checks, Congress should promptly pass the bipartisan NICS Denial Notification Act to ensure that state and local law enforcement are notified when someone prohibited from purchasing a gun attempts to do so."

The NICS Denial Notification Act provides states with critical information to help them enforce existing laws against individuals who attempt to purchase firearms but have no legal right to do so. Under this measure, federal authorities would now be required to alert state law enforcement within 24 hours when individuals "lie and try" to purchase firearms, which can be a warning sign of additional criminal behavior.

Also, what exactly does, expanding the scope of background checks, mean? What additional information will be looked for?
bohunr likes this.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.

Last edited by BCozhunter; 08-09-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Engrish!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCozhunter View Post
As bohnr said, the denial notification is already law, but by their own account it is seldom enforced. An issue I do have with this new/old law is what provisions are built into it to address when a false denial occurs? I'm sure we all know of someone who has experienced a database "glitch", whether through NICS, Do Not Fly List, or just trying to log into an Internet application. What happens then? Will the person be arrested and have to prove their innocence?

Strengthening our firearm background check system is an area where this is possible. In addition to expanding the scope of background checks, Congress should promptly pass the bipartisan NICS Denial Notification Act to ensure that state and local law enforcement are notified when someone prohibited from purchasing a gun attempts to do so."

The NICS Denial Notification Act provides states with critical information to help them enforce existing laws against individuals who attempt to purchase firearms but have no legal right to do so. Under this measure, federal authorities would now be required to alert state law enforcement within 24 hours when individuals "lie and try" to purchase firearms, which can be a warning sign of additional criminal behavior.

Also, what exactly does, expanding the scope of background checks, mean? What additional information will be looked for?
And therin lies the danger of these proposals. They sell it as a law to make sure the bad guys don’t get guns but nobody ever stops to question just what the will be looking into and what exactly would disqualify you from owning a gun.
bohunr and Waynzee like this.

Last edited by BCozhunter; 08-09-2019 at 01:44 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:08 PM

"Common sense"

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Sage

In the house and the senate, surely you jest!
bohunr, Pahack and Waynzee like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page