Could you live your life - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Could you live your life

Could you live your life with only 8 or 10 rounds in the magazine?

Would you and those around you be better off if one of you had fully-automatic firearms?

If we can't or won't do anything else, I'm thinking a limit on one piece of the hardware can let really SEMI-automatic firearms, like pistols and shotguns avoid further law restrictions.
And it might let a few more innocent people remain alive and un-injured when someone goes berserk and changes between 10 round mags and lets a cop hop up from behind a barrier and ice the culprit.

Machine guns are highly limited. The gun barely matters. I don't know if we can convince non-gun people of that. What is most important is how many rounds can be chambered and how quickly.

When you go plinking, it may be good for all of us that you have to change mags 2 times to send 30 rounds down range.
I don't want this to go like Australia where they had a mandated buy-back and don't have anything that repeats, I think. No auto-loaders of any kind at all. I don't want that, but I, for one and only one, don't have a problem with the 8 round mag that the 1911 had for WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:32 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Ok, so....

1- the 1911 has a 7rd mag. Sorry. Had to.

2- I don't actually have a functional issue with a mag size limit. I have a philosophical issue.

Because it won't stop there.

I could get on board with several of the proposed changes the left wants on guns if you could absolutely, positively, no questions asked guarantee that nothing further would be proposed/demanded/passed. But you (figuratively "you") can't.

Give up 30 rd mags for AR's today....might avoid a bigger, messier fight. Next shooting happens, you're giving up 10rd'ers and held to 5.

Next shooting, no semi long guns.

Next shooting, no semi's.

I don't have the answer, but appeasement doesn't seem like the correct one.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:44 PM

No.
If I am forced to defend myself or others, I want all the ammo capacity I can carry and maneuver.
I want to be able to deploy as much defensive force as possible to end the threat as quickly as possible. Having to reload every 7-10 rounds is a handicap in that arena.
Additionally, I do not support any magazine limits that exempt law enforcement.
The entire purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to place the Governed on equal footing with the Government, and we've given up too much ground already.

Look overseas to see how far down that slope things slide. They're banning kitchen knives now...
bohunr, ramcat, Danesdad and 8 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:19 AM

would you rather try to run away from someone shooting a single projectile ? or someone shooting 3 inch 12 ga shells with #4 buckshot in them ?

i dont want to be in the position of having to run at all or even be in a situation like that. but a single projectile being fired at you while you are running and 40 yards away from the shooter gives you a better chance than running at 40 yards from the #4 buckshot.

ban the Semi Auto rifles and they will use shotguns and handguns.

10 round magazines...OK...search youtube. there are people who change out mags in seconds, some in less than 2 seconds, some even faster.

MACHINE GUNS ????? let me know if you find one for sale...the only way to buy one is to find one that has been registered way before sometime in the 80's (I think) and then you might have to mortgage the house to buy it. then you have to jump thru more red tape than buying silencer...good luck.

I am not giving up anything...guns, ammo or mag size...NOPE...none of it.

as a matter of fact i am going to buy a mossberg shockwave...maybe two of them...and a large cap 9mm like the sig X5...it comes with four 21 round magazines.
JJ4D, Waynzee and ruger300 like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:54 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

The magazine limit thing was done by Clinton in the Crime Bill which had no effect on crime. It was so ineffective that there was no need to renew it when it was up.
Most of the issues around these shootings have to do with mental illness.
bohunr, JJ4D, .257 and 1 others like this.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:53 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

The problem I believe is the pharmaceuticals!
But you wonít here politicians or news people talk about it. Because the politicians are in bed with them and the advertisement money is so great no network news stations are going to say anything.
When you have a list of side affects as long as your arm when taken and in many cases taken for years. Is it any wonder people are numb and donít care about anything or anyone!
I think every time this happens it needs to be told what meds these people were taking. I think youíll find some similarities!
bohunr likes this.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:34 AM

Here is a good question? Do you think people are going to comply? Kamala Harris said, "I will use executive action to take assault rifles away." . Attempting to take guns away from Americans is going to be bloody. This isn't New Zealand or Australia. My Shield is 7-8 rounds depending on my mag, my 2.0 has 17. yeah I am keeping my stuff.... remember....

"WE THE PEOPLE"
bohunr, JJ4D, TnT55 and 2 others like this.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvaneous View Post
Could you live your life with only 8 or 10 rounds in the magazine?

Would you and those around you be better off if one of you had fully-automatic firearms?

If we can't or won't do anything else, I'm thinking a limit on one piece of the hardware can let really SEMI-automatic firearms, like pistols and shotguns avoid further law restrictions.
And it might let a few more innocent people remain alive and un-injured when someone goes berserk and changes between 10 round mags and lets a cop hop up from behind a barrier and ice the culprit.

Machine guns are highly limited. The gun barely matters. I don't know if we can convince non-gun people of that. What is most important is how many rounds can be chambered and how quickly.

When you go plinking, it may be good for all of us that you have to change mags 2 times to send 30 rounds down range.
I don't want this to go like Australia where they had a mandated buy-back and don't have anything that repeats, I think. No auto-loaders of any kind at all. I don't want that, but I, for one and only one, don't have a problem with the 8 round mag that the 1911 had for WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam.

What would be next, limiting the number of magazines a person can own? These shooting are not a weapon problem, they are a people problem.
There s a story in the news this morning about some nut case in California who was running around with a knife stabbing people, killed 4 and injured 2. I am guessing you won't hear much about a mass stabbing but had he shot those people we would be regaled daily about another mass shooting. To surrender and give an inch to the gun grabbers will do nothing to stop crazies from murdering people. All you are hearing now is gun violence, gun violence gun violence burn that term into people's head. There is no such thing as gun violence, guns are inanimate objects, they cannot be violent.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Frequent Contributor

Have you ever watched 3-gun matches ? I Know it takes a lot of practice, but those guys can reload 4 rounds in a shotgun in about 2 seconds or less. Lets start teaching respect and personal responsibility. Instead of promoting "Alternative Lifestyles" in just about every TV show and movie out there, start promoting responsibility, ethics and hard work !!
bohunr, Danesdad, .257 and 2 others like this.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:08 AM
The Man

Nothing can be thrown overboard that will ever satisfy Bloomburg. He will never be a gun supporter. Whatever is tossed to the anti's, will only feel good until the next person fails to practice self control. The media and Bloomers will just keep pouncing, and pounding that guns are still the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page