Gun Control - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Gun Control

As we all can see Trump was right when he said we need the wall built.
Why would any one want to take the guns of honest law abiding people?
We don't need gun control, We need better laws that crimes with guns have very harsh Penalty's.
Once they take our guns we become slaves to the Government. Which is what they want.
I am sick of all the Balony about gun control.
Just my Feelings.

Good luck to all, Stant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:54 AM

lets start by making the following Federal laws...State Laws, and make the penalty, Mandatory...no questions asked !!

It is a federal felony punishable by 10 years in prison for any convicted felon to possess any handgun, rifle or shotgun.

Or for anyone to possess a stolen firearm.
Or for anyone to give a firearm to a juvenile for the purpose of committing a crime.
Or for anyone to possess a firearm with the intention of committing a crime.
Or for anyone to use a firearm in the commission of a crime.
Or for anyone to cross state lines with the intention to unlawfully obtain a firearm or to commit a crime.
All felonies punishable up to 10 years in prison.

Plea bargains for gun crimes must stop.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:07 AM

You're dead on. If they prosecute gun crime with the 10,000's of the laws already in "play" it would at least be a deterent to some gun crime. The legislature elect should be concentrating on ways to stop the criminals from doing what they do rather than focusing on disarming the law abidding while leaving the lawbreakers armed to the teeth. Why not try enforcing the law to see if it works instead of "OOOOPPPS, didn't work, we need to ban the guns" attitude?

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:10 AM

AND...lets add...NO BAIL FOR CRIMES COMMITTED WITH GUNS !!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I agree with all the above Posts!!!

Good ones.

Stant
bohunr likes this.
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintlock hunter View Post
You're dead on. If they prosecute gun crime with the 10,000's of the laws already in "play" it would at least be a deterent to some gun crime. The legislature elect should be concentrating on ways to stop the criminals from doing what they do rather than focusing on disarming the law abidding while leaving the lawbreakers armed to the teeth. Why not try enforcing the law to see if it works instead of "OOOOPPPS, didn't work, we need to ban the guns" attitude?
Because it is easier to pass useless laws instead of enforcing the laws they already passed and are on the books than to actually apprehend the criminals. Then of course having to fight the accusations about racial prejudiced because there are more people of color in prison than white people. I doubt any law will stop these crazys who decide to shoot up an area for some deluded purpose. What just might stop the mayhem or at least slow it down is for people to report these nut cases when they spew their hate in person or on social media before they kill instead of waiting and then saying "I knew he was going to do something like this"! It is rare that people don't know these killers are a couple of bubbles off plumb. The Ohio shooter was kicked out of school because he had a list of people he wanted to kill and one for those girls he wanted to rape. Actions, not words will stop this crap, words on a piece of paper will do nothing and neither will disarming potential victims!
bohunr and 325wsm like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:03 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

Where do you draw the line on first amendment rights?

If someone says X, they lose their guns...

That’s a tricky and dangerous road to travel. Red Flag laws are the mechanism for that and the concern becomes one of due process vs public safety.
jimbridger, bohunr and Six-Gun like this.
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

All these ideas you guys are saying would not stop the last three mass killings.. These people were mentally ill and at 18 years old they can buy an assault weapon... We may have to move the age to buy an assault weapon up to 25 or 30 years old with a clean criminal and mental health record or these type shootings will continue...These are young mentally ill people influenced by social media getting through the cracks...Most had very little criminal record...
bobdoo likes this.
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Part of the Community

Just curious, what laws currently on the books would have prevented these last three mass shootings. As far as "harsher penalties", two of the three most recent murderers have been given the harshest penalties (thankfully) and the third will never see free light again. When these murderers decide to pick up that weapon and start shooting, do you really think they are worried about how many years they are going to get. No doubt there are a few Democrats calling for NO guns, but most are calling for "GUN SAFETY" laws. I live in a state (NEW JERSEY) with some of the countries strongest gun laws. It took me 5 months to get my permit to buy, AFTER I filled out an extensive application. And at the actual sale I had to wait an additional 45 minutes for another check. There are NO carry permits. But I am ok with it all. What is wrong with background checks. But even those checks may not have prevented a legal owner from going crazy. I'm not sure how the wall would positively prevent mass murders tho. What it looks like in the first few posts seems more about urban/city gun crime which seems to be a way of life. The thing I see soon after these mass murders is so many people complaining about protecting gun rights instead of protecting innocent people. Here is another thought, Texas has fairly liberal carry laws and still 20 were killed.
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burk313 View Post
All these ideas you guys are saying would not stop the last three mass killings.. These people were mentally ill and at 18 years old they can buy an assault weapon... We may have to move the age to buy an assault weapon up to 25 or 30 years old with a clean criminal and mental health record or these type shootings will continue...These are young mentally ill people influenced by social media getting through the cracks...Most had very little criminal record...
No, they did not buy “assault weapons.”

So we’re ok with delaying some rights to 25 or 30? Guess then no one should register for selective services, vote, or pay taxes until 25 or 30 either?

Sorry, the real issue that folks need to understand is that the “weapon” “responsible” for every case of these shootings isn’t an inanimate object/firearm. The weapon is the (damaged) human mind. Until we admit and acknowledge that, and take the necessary steps to call out, isolate when necessary, and attempt to treat those damaged minds, these kinds of incidents will continue to occur, as they have for all of recorded human history, with any and every available device at the perpetrator’s disposal.

Stop trying to propose restrictions on 99.999999% of the population because of the possible and unstoppable actions of 0.000001%
bohunr, BillHjr, eastbank and 5 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page