Christens rifle - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Christens rifle

does anyone have one of theses rifles? if so whats your likes and dislikes? are they worth the money?

Freezer full yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 10:00 PM
The Man

Re: Christens rifle

Are you asking about Christensen Arms?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

Location: The village of Saint Thomas, Franklin County, PA 4B, but most likely hunting in either 4A or 2C

I looked at these at the Harrisburg show last year. They are expensive, but light as sin. Just the thing to carry when you are hunting goats or sheep out west. I think the model I looked at is called the "carbon hunter." It retailed for $1895. Here is their website:
http://www.christensenarms.com/rifles.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Frequent Contributor

didn't they gave a problem at one point with delamination between the carbon and the barrel? When I looked into them sometime back that seemed to be the biggest complaint I heard and read. A buddy has the base model and it's super sweet. I have been considering one for years but I never stuck my hand in my pocket that deep. If I had that type of money to spend I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy one.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:25 AM

I have one in 223 rem. I was stationed in california and hunted coyotes and ground squirrels alot, super accurate, light weight, heat has no effect on the barrel since it does not get hot at all. I love it and would consider another one however I am now married and the price is steep which is the only downfall.

It may be a poor choice of words but I am smart enough to understand what you meant.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 AM

If you got all that extra cash laying around, spend it but the bottom line is unless your into .1 inch benchrest or score shooting with a .30 BR or 1000 yard shooting there's no need in the hunting world to spend that type of cash. We're not shooting at targets that small..any old off the shelf varmint rifle and even most of the standard weight bolts today will more than get the job done..BIG GREEN offered a factory version of this barrel a few years back, it went no where but off the shelf..forever!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:00 PM

other than being lightweight there isnt any advantage. you cant feel the heat after a few shots, but the inner barrel tube is still getting hot. you would be basically paying for the carbon fiber, just as any other carbon fiber product. not saying they are bad, just not any better than any other rifle, custom or not.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 02:45 AM
The Man

I haven't had any luck with these rifles. I think that there are other rifles that are better for the price. McWhorter makes a great rifle for the same price range as the full custom gun Christensen makes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page