2013 Remington - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

2013 Remington

Wonder if anyone know of anything new from Remington for 2013? I'm hoping for a model 7 XCR II or bring back model 7 stainless/synthetic

Freezer full yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Part of the Community

Re: 2013 Remington

I have asked a few gun shops and they don't know of anything. I'm hoping for the 7600 in 35 whelen if not my new 308 is getting a make over.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Part of the Community

Hopefully a better model 700 that does not fire when you close the bolt like mine did

some shoot archery,others perfect it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 PM

Hopefully someone small buys them out and brings back basic wood stocked/blued barrel firearms with open sights and get rid of the sissy pad on them. The ADL Deluxe with walnut/blued would be a good start. And price them very fairly.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 PM
The Man

After how they never took care of the junk 700,s they made that go off when the safety is released plus the garbage they make nowI don,t care what they release cause I,ll never own any Remmy junk.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 PM

I bought my son a 300saum in the synthetic stainless version the one or two years they were available..problem is he never really liked the rifle and it sits in the gun cabinet and hasn't been in the woods in years.. shame, at the time I thought it was the perfect rifle.. it has a 3x9 leupold on it and it shoots amazing groups.. wonder why they ever stopped making this version, seems like the perfect mountain rifle ..
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 AM

gearhart, a 7600 in 35 whelen is not a super difficult rifle to find...

i am with the others, big green seems to have went down hill...

even quality..i have a 7600 made in 2005 and another made in the 90s..and an older 760 BDL..the bluing on the 90s model is good..the bluing on the 760 BDL is amazing..the 2005 model looks like poo when you look at the older guns..

my 870 and 700 SPS with matte finishes are rust monsters from day 1...no idea why but i cant get em to stop..nothing major but i hate rust on a gun and take care of my guns...

there are enough good old guns to be had that i dont worry much about what they might make...if i wanted something special, i'd build it from an action..
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser06

even quality..i have a 7600 made in 2005 and another made in the 90s..and an older 760 BDL..the bluing on the 90s model is good..the bluing on the 760 BDL is amazing..the 2005 model looks like poo when you look at the older guns..

my 870 and 700 SPS with matte finishes are rust monsters from day 1...no idea why but i cant get em to stop..nothing major but i hate rust on a gun and take care of my guns...

there are enough good old guns to be had that i dont worry much about what they might make...if i wanted something special, i'd build it from an action..
I agree, blueing has gone way down hill on Rem guns. They don`t seam too care anymore. The BDL is so way overpriced it`s ridiculous as well. They might as well ditch it at this point. It`s a real shame.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser06

I agree, blueing has gone way down hill on Rem guns. They don`t seam too care anymore. The BDL is so way overpriced it`s ridiculous as well. They might as well ditch it at this point. It`s a real shame.

Tell me about it..I remember I bought a BDL in 1996 brand new for $415...They are $900 now..Remmy is all about profits now because they are owned by a capital holding company. They are overpricing the wood guns to get folks to buy the synthetics they make more money on. Right now they only care about the profits and earnings and hitting the right number. In process they have sacrificed quality and customer loyalty through poor quality and overpriced guns. Going forward I will spend the same money on a Browning instead.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned

I spent years using the older model 700 and model 760. When I look at the stuff Rem. makes today it is trash. The finish on the BDL doesn't even compare to what it was twenty years ago and the bolt jeweling is already starting to wear off on the dealers rack. Not to mention the wood isn't as nice as it used to be. The new 7600's action rattles like a piece of trash and sounds tinny. The bluing on these guns is not what it used to be and the steel on the barrels is not polished. And the model 7 is the worst of all. It has some kind of bolt jeweling that seems like it's a decal or stick overlaid on the bolt. I don't even care what Remington comes out with. I'd spend my money on CZ, Sako, or Tikka.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page