Leupold VX-6 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Leupold VX-6

I am close to making a final decision on buying a new Leupold VX-6 2-12x42. Anyone have any experience (good bad or evil) with this scope? Is anyone aware of a different scope model with similar specs? And with money always being an issuse where one might be bought at the best price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
The Man

Re: Leupold VX-6

I have had some experiences with these scopes and I can say that this is by far Leupold's best scope that they have created to this date. There are some out there that are comparing these to the good european scopes that are out there. The only scopes that you could compare these to would be top end european scopes as nothing made in the USA, in my opinion really compares at all. I have two of these in stock right now and could get you into one with the Duplex Reticle and the CDS dial for $815 shipped to your door, taxes included. Shipping is free and it comes to priority mail so you'll get it in a day or two. I've sold a few of these and have yet to get a bad comment about them which is great for an American made scope.

Mac

Magee's Optics
717-644-1799 (cell)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

mackgee, how do they compare, in your opinion, to the VX7?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 PM
The Man

These are better, the coatings on them are a much better upgrade, plus you get the CDS already built in. Optically speaking the 6 is better, but once you get into this level of scope it's almost impossible to be significantly better. The 6 is a little better and the pricing on them now certainly make the whole package even better. These 6's are very good and I think Leupold is finally putting together a scope that gives them a little chance at getting a piece of the European market.

Mac
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

I have a VX7....and enjoy it quite a bit, but....would like a bit better FOV from it. Heard the 6 corrected that issue?

Would be nice if Leupold would ever get around to making Alumina caps that actually fit the 42mm objective on the 6!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I just ordered one so I'll know in a few days if it's up to all the hype I been reading.

tdd, the advertized FOV in the VX-6 was a mega-plus for me and my style of hunting and played a major role in my decision to purchase one. I never been much of a user of the lens covers and that is likely the reason why I have a collection of worthless fogged-up scopes lying around. I gave my spare Leupold to a Hunting buddy out in the field last season and I feel this VX-6 will make a nice replacement.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

I've toyed with selling my VX7 to fund a 6. I put a Swaro Z3 on a rifle this year because I got it for less than even mackgee's prices on VX6's (long story, but it was all on the up and up! lol). That Z3 is a butt-kicker of a scope....really, really impressive.

I'm planning to remake a 30-06 M70 Classic into a 35 Whelen down the road, and I have my eye on an M70 FWT in 6.5x55. Thinking I could move the Zeiss Conquest from the '06 to the Swede and drop a VX6 on the 06 (soon to be Whelen).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page