Indian PA Youth Rifle Program - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Indian PA Youth Rifle Program

Earlier this year I attended the gun show at the S&T Arena in Indiana, and a nice older gentleman told me about a youth rifle program he runs at the Indiana Fairgounds during the fall and winter months. I did some searching on the internet but cannot find any contact information, and I am hoping that somebody on here can point me to a contact person with an email address or telephone number. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has experience with this program, I would welcome feedback, too. Thank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 AM

Re: Indian PA Youth Rifle Program

Maybe contact the fairgrounds and see if they have a phone number, or possibly the Indiana Sportsman Club.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
The Man

I think I know the man you're talking about.

Lemme give him a ring.

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 AM
The Man

Got it.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">News release to Indiana Gazette for publication</span></span>

Club News

Firearm Safety and Marksmanship Course

The 2013 firearm safety and marksmanship course will start on Tuesday October 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM in the Sportsman building at Mack Park, (Indiana County Fair Grounds). The program is open to children 9 years old and up. The program will be held weekly on Tuesday evenings.

We will be using precision .22 caliber and .177 Air Rifles. We will be teaching Olympic Style Three Position Rifle Shooting.

This is the same style of shooting used by colleges and universities that give scholarships for three position rifle shooting.

A grant from the NRA Foundation, “Friends of the NRA” supplies all necessary equipment and ammunition for the children.

Interested adults are also welcome to attend the sessions.

Ear and eye protection is mandatory and furnished.

This training is conducted under the name “Indiana County Junior Marksmanship Training Unit.”

For more information or to register call or email;

Joseph F. Benamati

H - 724-479-8202
C - 724-388-2792
[email protected]

demokraten saugen
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 AM

Good for them. Keeping our shooting Traditions alive and well.
As a side note, the Jefferson County Longrifles are hosting the Boy Scout Fall Camporee, this Saturday. Never been to one but My Son and I volunteered to show `em how to throw a Hawk and Knife. They will also be shooting M `loaders. Also fellow Club Members will be working on making Longbows and Rifles and Log Hewing and Trapping and Flint and Steel Fire starting..really not sure what else??? There will be some Primitive Camps set up also.Should be a fun Saturday....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Hey guys, thanks a lot! I appreciate the suggestions and I sincerely appreciate the information from Strut10! I have been reading the boards here for a while and learning a lot, and now I hope that in the coming years I will be able to reciprocate and offer some help to others now and then if I can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page