Gun Safe - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Gun Safe

Was just in Gander Mountain the other day and checked out a 12 gun safe called Centurion, an offshoot of Liberty. The price was only $400 and I thought that sounded like a pretty good deal. They had a much cheaper StackOn one there that was $350 and this was way better.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone out there had one of these and what they thought of them. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Gun Safe

I would also like to know about the Centurion. I have been looking at different gun safes in the stores and online, and this one of them I was looking at. I would like something that provides some degree of fire protection, but the promblem is that I don't have anywhere that can support the weight of a big heavy safe, so this is why the Centurion caught my attention. I will be curious to see if anyone on here has any experience with this safe.

Mathews Z7
Ten Point Stealth XLT
Remington 760, 700
Taurus Ragging Bull
CVA Optima
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 AM

Doesnt seem like many have experience with this safe. I'm curious as well as nice price point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Frequent Contributor

What do you want to know?
Did it stop a burgler.
Did ya get a hernia carrying it? The bigger the better, but moving it has to be taken into consideration.
I tell ya,buying one is up to your needs. One it sounds too small. Only 12 guns,that is a years worth for some or too tight to get the guns from the back out to the front. Is it fire proof (how hot and how long)important.If it is light weight, does it have holes drilled in it for lagging it into the wall studs and floor? Shelves are nice for other stuff (jewelry, camera, coins, whatever). I am sure there are more considerations.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

Oh, I forgot. It has to be difficult enough to keep thieves at bay till the police show up. If you have a good police responce time or are you down a country road waiting for the State.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page