Model 12 skeet (pics added) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Model 12 skeet (pics added)

I was wondering if anyone had an idea what a winchester model 12 skeet 12 ga may go for. I have plenty of shotguns so I probably won't use it but my buddy needed a kitchen table and I was getting rid of mine so I just traded him the shotgun for it. I didn't look closely at it yet but it does have a cutts compensator and has the word "skeet" stamped on the barrel. Below is a pic of one similiar.

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Model 12 skeet

I was told that if the barrel is stamped with the choke than the cutts is an add on. According to the Blue book of gun values that would cut the value in half.

I looked it up because I have the same gun in 16 gauge with the same issue but that was a few years ago, you might want to double check.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Banned

What a sweet shot gun, I think I would just have the cutts removed and you would have a fine short barreled open choked grouse gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Sage

You might want to have someone take a look at that gun for you, the figuring in the butt stock seem awful nice for a standard Mod 12.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yeah, mine doesn't have the same figuring that one does. That stock almost looks after market.

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Sage

It wouldnt cost you anything to run it up the the Sportsman's Shop and let Jim the gunsmith take a look at it.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You got the better end of the deal. I agree with the Cutts being added to that one, Skeet chokes are almost wide open, so a previous owner did that to tighten her up for hunting. Alot of trap and skeet guns had nicer wood. If you want to trade her back, I have a few nice dining tables! LOL!

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 01:37 AM

Several years back I saw a beat up Model 12 Skeet in
20 gauge for a pretty good price. Of course it was gone
when I went back the next day to buy it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

LOL...I think I'm good on the dining tables. We actually bought an antique mahogony table with the new house we bought which is why I didn't need mine any more. I probably will trade or sell this gun as I don't think I'll have a need for it. I already have 2 .410 sxs, a model 12 16ga and a 12ga SX3 so I don't see me ever using it. I was just curious as I don't know much about them. I'll see if I get can some pics loaded up.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I just took some pictures of the gun and will upload them tomorrow. From what I see the forend is the same as the one pictured but the stock looks to be different. I also forgot to mention that its a model 12 in 28 gauge. What difference does that make? Also, is it possible to buy an original stock?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page