Browning Brings Back The Ole Humpback A-5!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Browning Brings Back The Ole Humpback A-5!!!

I have my Dad's ole FN Belgium A-5 & am thinkin he may just need a new friend so he won't be lonely! Whutsha all think? Wunder whut Benelli is thinkin! lol

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">From Brownings site: </span></span><span style="font-weight: bold">

THE NEW A5. THE HUMP IS BACK.
You may notice a family resemblance, but letís get one thing straight, this ainít your Grandpaís Auto-5. In fact, the iconic humpback-shaped receiver is the only thing this new Browning autoloader shares with its legendary namesake. The all new Browning A5 is built to be the most reliable, fastest cycling, best performing and softest shooting recoil-operated (yes, recoil-operated) autoloader on the planet. And we are so confident in the A5, we are standing behind it with a 100,000 round or five year guarantee that this shotgun will work, come <span style="font-style: italic">heck</span> or high water. Standing firmly behind this claim is the ultra-reliable, honed to perfection Kinematic Drive System. Other innovations, like the new Invector-DS choke tube system and Inflex II recoil pad are sure to place the A5 right at the top of the industry. With the recoil-operated A5 and our gas-operated Maxus autoloaders, we are poised to dominate every aspect of the autoloading shotgun market. These two guns compliment one another in the same way lightning goes with thunder, and the way Browning goes with number one.

100,000 Round Guarantee -- Or Five Years.
The humpback-shaped receiver of the new Browning A5 may bring back fond memories, but make no mistake, this isnít your Grandpaís shotgun. With recoil-operated Kinematic Drive, the A5 is simply the most reliable, fastest cycling, tightest patterning, best balanced and softest shooting autoloader on the planet. We are so confident in the A5, we are standing behind it with a 100,000 round or five year guarantee that this shotgun will work, come <span style="font-style: italic">heck </span>or high water. But donít just take our word for it, get your hands on the unstoppable A5 today.</span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Check out: </span></span>

http://www.browning.com/library/info...sp?id=388&bg=x

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Browning Brings Back he Ole Humpback A-5!!!

Wish I could afford one and also wish I could tote it afield too.

Life member NRA
Life member DAV
Life member VFW
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Sage

My read is Browning is trying to gain market share in the inertia based shotgun market which pretty much has been dominated by the Benelli SBE. Not sure if the newly introduced A-5 is mfg in Belgium or Jap made like their BPS pumps?? I know my Browning Gold Stalker is Made in Belgium(Assembled in Portugal).

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Dad's ole Belgium A-5 possibly in the market for a new friend to join him:</span></span>

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Don't own one of the old ones, but die-hard A5 guys are already upset that this one is being called A5. I guess they don't think its the same quality and action. I'm indifferent.....if its a well made shotgun that fits and works when its supposed to ..who cares? Would like to get my hands on a wood version to see how it feels.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I got to tell you all my A-5 story In 1978 I was stationed near Geisen Germany and I bought 2 Belguim made A-5's a 12 and a 20, in the rod & gun club on post. I shot a lot of skeet than, My wife and son and I lived on post in Government quarters. The family that lived across the hall from us where from Kentucky, Paula grew up with 5 brothers huntin and fishin, one day she was over at our place and she seen me reloadin with my Mec 600's. She told me how she helped her one brother reload and she was board thru the week and if I dropped my reloaders off she would reload all my shotgun shells.What a Deal. So Paula reloaded all my shells thru the week. I was shooting the A-5's with Paula's reloads and had no issues, one of my friends need a couple boxes of 20's to shoot in his 1100, His remington wouldnt feed a one, They worked fine in my A-5's though, Next day I watched Paula reload , she wasn't sizing them all the way down, problem fixed. Great neighbors like Paula are hard to find...Bob
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Re: Browning Brings Back The Ole Humpback A-5!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddys dad
I got to tell you all my A-5 story In 1978 I was stationed near Geisen Germany and I bought 2 Belguim made A-5's a 12 and a 20, in the rod & gun club on post. I shot a lot of skeet than, My wife and son and I lived on post in Government quarters. The family that lived across the hall from us where from Kentucky, Paula grew up with 5 brothers huntin and fishin, one day she was over at our place and she seen me reloadin with my Mec 600's. She told me how she helped her one brother reload and she was board thru the week and if I dropped my reloaders off she would reload all my shotgun shells.What a Deal. So Paula reloaded all my shells thru the week. I was shooting the A-5's with Paula's reloads and had no issues, one of my friends need a couple boxes of 20's to shoot in his 1100, His remington wouldnt feed a one, They worked fine in my A-5's though, Next day I watched Paula reload , she wasn't sizing them all the way down, problem fixed. Great neighbors like Paula are hard to find...Bob

Thanks for sharing yur story!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Crockett
Don't own one of the old ones, but die-hard A5 guys are already upset that this one is being called A5. I guess they don't think its the same quality and action. I'm indifferent.....if its a well made shotgun that fits and works when its supposed to ..who cares? Would like to get my hands on a wood version to see how it feels.
Amen DC...I will opt for wood if I make the plunge!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

The original long-recoil A5's were and still are great guns. It will be interesting to see how this new "A5" is accepted by the market. Browning has always had a good name. The original A5 "feels like it's hinged in the middle" is a timeless piece with metalwork and tooling that's the envy of other firearms today.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Sage

I was at my Browning dealer this week & he said little interest has been expressed as of yet.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 01:36 PM

That's cause its middle of summer and except for us gun nuts on here the majority of hunters ain't thinkin about a new gun......that and the economy, people are scared to spend money right now that they might need later(can't blame 'em). Once some of these actually hit the shelves and the tongues get to waggin' I expect there will be some interest.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page