Mueller Hologrpahic Sight - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Mueller Hologrpahic Sight

You guys gave me some great advice on .22 scopes recently. ALthough I didn't end up buying one (I put the money towards a better gun safe), one name stuck out that I have interest in. The scope I am looking at is a Mueller holographic sight that I want to put on my AR-15. I can't afford and Eotech at this point otherwise I would get one of those. ANyone have any experience with these?

For those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings as eagles..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Mueller Hologrpahic Sight

If you're referring to the quik shot, reflex sight I would say you have better choices out there but nothing near the price range unfortunately. If you're looking to co-witness the sight ifind something like the mueller sits up too high and can one, obscure your iron sights and two, force you way up off the stock. I've used them on turkey guns and while they're reliable they are bulky and the design is just too "big" all together imo. I would say save your pennies a bit and look at the burris Fast Fire II or III. They're TINY and now the FF III comes with a choice of either 3 or 8 moa dots for precision or up close work. Get a gaurd for it and it'll take more abuse than any mueller sight will too.

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Banned

Burris TRS-25 has GREAT reviews I have one for the price($100 at Aces) you can't beat it get a UTG riser and it will cowitness irons. I also have 2 Burris Fastfire 2 on shotguns that are very good also, I didn't want the tunnel view looking through a shotgun they are not as durable IMO even with the picatinny protector. I have a Mueller scope with illuminated reticle which is nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The trs 25 sight is made by bushnell. I know this because I have one on my 870 20 gauge and I'm looking at it right now... it isn't the best sight for co-witness either as the field of view is quite limited. The larger "windowed", reflex sights would work much better for that plus with many of the better reflex sights are one touch operation. The trs 25 is not.

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned

trs-25 will cowitness AR irons with a riser its not an Aimpoint T1( which as far as small red dots is the best in that group and most commonly used on an AR or AK47 with an Ultimak) but it will work minus $500 same general design if you drop an open reflex sight minus the Trijicon RMR or Leupold Deltapoint on hard ground or concrete throw it away because it likely will be destroyed. On a ar-15 SHTF rifle go to AR15.com that's where you will get the best info on your choices for a fighting rifle, for plinking reliabilty doesn't matter buy an open reflex sight they definitely have a better field of view and are faster . If you want something cheap with the best of both worlds red dot or scope buy a 1x4 primary arms scope or the new mueller 1x4 I have both on AR-15 22 cal type rifles they work well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page