Ruger SR1911 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Ruger SR1911

Does anyone have one? Last May I decided I needed a 1911 for my collection. Being the 100 year anniversary of the 1911 and that Iím a Ruger guy, I thought I should grab a SR1911. I put $100 deposit down on one in a local shop and was told I was first on the list to receive one when they came in. Well I almost forgot about it but I received the call it finally arrived after nine months of waiting. At this point I lost interest in it and some other firearms passed it on my wish list. The shop told me it would be no problem if I did not want it. They would have no problem selling it. Well after thinking it over for a few days I came home with it. It sure is pretty.

Does anyone have a SR1911? How has it preformed for you? Does anyone carry a full size 1911? It seems very large to EDC. If so how and what holster do you use?

At this point Iím not sure what Iím going to do with it, carry it, play with it or just keep it unfired as a safe queen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ruger SR1911

I'm a Ruger guy also and have heard nothing but good reviews on their SR1911. The supply has not caught up to the demand yet. Looks like a nice pistol at a reasonable price. I am thinking about putting my name on the list for one also, but just waiting to see if they come out with a compact model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page