Stolen gun... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Stolen gun...

Woke up this morning to go out muzzy hunting and found that my truck and car were broken into. I had a Ruger LCP w/ Crimson Trace that I kept in the door that was taken along with a brand new $50 Buck knife that I got for Christmas. Called my insurance company and I have a 500$ deductable... I'd love to get my hands on the creep that did this. They did leave there flashlight behind, and the cops took it for prints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Sage

Re: Stolen gun...

Sorry to hear that, but I never understood why people leave firearms in their vehicles over night even in their driveway.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Banned

Why should we live in fear in our own homes, I leave the keys in my truck every night, the reason being if some meth head wants to steal it, go for it,take it and be gone, if you come into my home in search of any thing you had better plan on leaving in a body bag.
With any luck the thieves next "fix" will be enough to be his last.
Don't ever doubt that any one that will steal your gun will use it on you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Part of the Community

Sorry to hear. Sounds kind of odd they would stick around to break into both vehicles. Usually those types are more of the smash and grab variety. Do you live in a rural area?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:31 PM

I won't leave any weapon in a car unless I'm in the car.Hope you get them back but be prepared for an ordeal.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not 100% sure...but if you leave your keys in your car and the car itself is stolen the insurance company isnt going to cover loss or damage
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:02 PM

"Why should we live in fear in our own homes?"

Greed, jealousy, drugs, mental illness, hatred, just to mention a few.

I would never leave anything of value in my vehicle locked or not. I do admit, I don't think door locks mean much when a crow bar can open nearly any car door or residential door in a matter of seconds.

Thieves are generally more afraid of video surveillance than they are of any thing else. Their pictures plastered on the six o'clock news is something they don't want.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Frequent Contributor

I would not be surprised that those that broke into your vehicle know stuff about you. Not friends but people that are aware of your activities. My house was burglarized in November. we go to work and they prey on us. Now i have an alarm system and am looking for some cameras to keep track of who may visit. Hey we cant be stupid and just let stuff out in the form of low hanging fruit. but having stuff stolen just plain stinks
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear that!Hope they find out who it was.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:34 PM

Hope your things are found and returned. You didn't have as bad a day as this guy
Quote:
Masked Men Allegedly Steal Bag of Guns
Police are looking for two men who allegedly stole a bag full of nine guns from another man Wednesday night.

By David Chang |
Thursday, Dec 29, 2011

Police are investigating the theft of several weapons in the Feltonville section of the city.

It happened Wednesday night around 8:20 p.m. on the 4800 block of North 2nd Street.

Police say two men wearing ski masks confronted another man and robbed him of his duffel bag containing nine guns.

The two men then fled the scene with the bag. No word yet on why the victim had the bag of guns in the first place.

Police say the first suspect is a short and heavy set white male armed with a gun. He was last seen wearing khaki pants. The second suspect is described as a black male standing 6-foot-3 armed with a knife. He was last seen wearing black clothing.

If you have any information regarding this incident, please call Philadelphia Police.
Moral of the story…..”don’t place all of your guns in one sack”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page