Thoughts on a .270 wsm. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Send a message via AIM to lilnuge
Thoughts on a .270 wsm.

i am looking for your thoughts on a .270 wsm. I am lloking to buy on in a tikka t3 camo stainless to hunt bear and deer mostly. Any thoughts would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 01:27 AM
cen
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Thoughts on a .270 wsm.

Good ballistics, ammo very pricey though
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 01:40 AM

My 270WSM is the Tikka T3 Lite Stainless. It's one of my favorite rifles and VERY accurate. I killed my biggest buck ever last year with it ( Check out the photos in the Big Game forum- 2010 Buck and Mount).IMO the Tikka T3 is one of the best rifles on the market at any price!

U.S. Army Infantryman(11B20-Sgt.) 1978-82
172nd Arctic Light Inf. Brigade (Alaska)
9th Inf. Division
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 01:42 AM

Hey if that's what you want then get one. I am sure they are flat shooting with plenty of gee wizz but a .308 would do just as well. It will be loads easier to buy ammo; cheaper ammo and easier to sell if you ever want to.

I just hate spending 50 bucks for a box of shells. I would get the .308. I guess I am just old and practical.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM

LILNUGE,
Get one U will love it. Flat shooting, accurate and knocks them over quick. As far as cost of ammo, If U want to go with the big dogs U just have to lift your leg higher
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 AM
The Man

Great round, very fast and accurate. I killed both my antelope and mule deer this year with it. Both never even flinched after impact. Good luck with whatever you decide.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Frequent Contributor

unless you handload, get something else.

"No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor."

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

had one it was very accurate, but each deer I shot with it ran a good bit after being hit. Mine was a ruger 270wsm it put the bullet were I aimed but I just never really got into the gun. Ammo was harder to find and pricey so I decided to sell it, which my local gun shops weren't really interested because there is a limited market for them, but a gentleman on here bought it and he seemed to like it, for me it was an itch I scratched and decided I really didn't need. Good luck with your decision and whatever you get I hope you like it and have fun with it.

Molon Labe
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Well the .270 WSM is a really great cartridge because it way outperforms the .270 Winchester. OK, maybe not.

Well the .270 WSM is a great cartridge because it's cheaper to shoot than a .270 Winchester. Oh, wrong again. Sorry.

Well the .270 WSM does the same things the .270 Winchester has been doing since 1925 albeit in a shorter, lighter package with less recoil! OK, sorry. It seems it really doesn't kick less and it holds less shells in the magazine.

Well the .270 WSM is one of the best gimmicks to come down the road in along time.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Moose
Well the .270 WSM is a really great cartridge because it way outperforms the .270 Winchester. OK, maybe not.

Well the .270 WSM is a great cartridge because it's cheaper to shoot than a .270 Winchester. Oh, wrong again. Sorry.

Well the .270 WSM does the same things the .270 Winchester has been doing since 1925 albeit in a shorter, lighter package with less recoil! OK, sorry. It seems it really doesn't kick less and it holds less shells in the magazine.

Well the .270 WSM is one of the best gimmicks to come down the road in along time.
I'm sure if Jack O'Conner were alive today he would like it! I have owned both and of the two I like the 270 WSM.

U.S. Army Infantryman(11B20-Sgt.) 1978-82
172nd Arctic Light Inf. Brigade (Alaska)
9th Inf. Division

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page