The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Holster Choice

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  duke55 
#1 ·
A couple years ago, I started using OWB holsters for most of my CC. I've settled on White Hat Holster's Max Slide and Micro Slide , and have loved them since day one. Much more comfortable then IWB, and hides surprisingly well in most situations.

What have you guys been using?

#4 · (Edited)
I pay the extra $15 for the horsehide upgrade on the White Hats. Wears like iron and nice and smooth. I can appreciate a nice all leather holster. Theses are the first kydex/leather I've had. I was a bit leery at first, but I like the kydex. They WH holsters hug the body than any other I've tried.

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
I picked up one of those belly wrap holsters (can't think of actual name right now) and have become kind of fond of it. It conceals either my P89 or my smaller Taurus .40 very well under just about anything I'm wearing, at least during the colder months, haven't had the chance to see how it'll work when wearing no over-shirt. It's a little less accessible with a pullover, like a sweatshirt, but still not too bad. And it's very comfortable to wear.
In the hotter months, when not at work, I'm a t-shirt wearer. Will likely have to come up with a different way to carry, or change the way I dress.

Reactions: bohunr
#20 ·
The White Hat OWB I posted earlier allows me to summer carry a Sig SP2022 .40 S&W under a less than tight shirt pretty inconspicuously.

I have a buddy that really likes his belly wrap. They don't work well when going shirtless in the summer. Few holsters do.....:surprise2:

#21 ·
Depends on what I'm carrying and what I'm wearing...
Been very happy with holsters from Galco, Crossbreed, Aliengear, and Milt Sparks, even the rare use of a Smart Carry band.. IWB, OWB, Paddle... There's uses for all.
The last 2-ish years, the Alien Gear holsters have seen the most daily use (even have a few of their paddles with vehicle mounts, very handy), but none sit idle for more than a week or two... Just depends on where I'm going/what I'm doing.
Since the "lockdown", I've basically gone to OWB for the weekly grocery/walmart runs. Kydex for those errand days, as a clorox wipe won't hurt them, leather for stay at home days.

When I first started carrying, I tried so many holsters I have a bankers box full of them that I can't give away.. Nylon stuff from Uncle Mike's, various cheap holsters of unknown branding, and some Fobus junk...

Do yall carry a defensive weapon when hunting? Just wondering, I never have but a buddy of mine does.
Yes. But I view it as a backup hunting tool as well. When I'm in the woods during hunting seasons, the Super Blackhawk is always on my hip. (In a Galco)
Not during a hunting season? Still armed, only with one of my daily pieces... but that's nothing unusual to me. The only days I've left the house unarmed since I turned 21 and got my LTC were for business trips to non-2A compliant locations.

#22 ·
When I first started carrying, I tried so many holsters I have a bankers box full of them that I can't give away.. Nylon stuff from Uncle Mike's, various cheap holsters of unknown branding, and some Fobus junk...
I learned the same way....starting with the cheap stuff and gradually working my way up until finding something acceptable.

In the long run run, you're further ahead spending the money on a good holster right off the bat.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.