The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

760 Gamemaster Research

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  yellodog 
#1 ·
The other day I was reorganizing the safe when I came across my grandfathers old 760 Gamemaster. As we all know, this rifle was and still is popular in the PA woods and I thought it would be special if I hunted with the rifle this season. A couple of months ago I completely disassembled and cleaned the rifle. Based off of the dirt and grime I cleaned off, my guess is the rifle hasnt been cleaned in probably 20 years at best. Also I wanted to mention, the scope on it actually rotates out of the way incase you wanted to use the open sights, pretty cool.

Anyway, I pulled the rifle out of the safe to being researching the year it was made and I am having a hard time finding the information. Every website I look at references the barrel marking as part of the research, the only downfall is the barrel marking are barely visible. What little I can makeout of the markings isnt helping in my research. The only concrete evidence I have is the SN# on the rifle, this I can plainly read. My question is, how much can be told by just the SN# alone? I have a ticket open with Remington to see if they can help me, atleast by looking up the SN#. Other than that, I cant find any information in regards to this specific rifle.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.