Glock 45 acp or 357 Sig. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Glock 45 acp or 357 Sig.

Been thinking about getting a Glock model 21SF in 45 acp but the Glock model 32 compact 357 Sig has ballistics comparable to a 357 mag. Decisions, which way to go?? This is just going to be a in house pistol, not going to carry this concealed.
flintlock hunter likes this.

Last edited by Waynzee; 04-07-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:39 AM
The Man

In house gun ??

G20 10mm.....NO QUESTION. There is NO SUBSTITUTE.
Dogface likes this.

demokraten saugen
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:36 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut10 View Post
In house gun ??

G20 10mm.....NO QUESTION. There is NO SUBSTITUTE.
I do like the 10mm. It is like a big Sig 357.

Both are great rounds. Both are great models of a great gun.

If you were going to carry then the 32 is much smaller.

Forty five ammo is cheaper that 357 Sig ammo and easier to find.

You could get a 40 S&W barrel for the Glock 32 and you would have a small gun with a round comparable to the 45 ACP and the ammo is cheaper than both and easy to fund.

I guess I didn't help?
Waynzee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Frequent Contributor

Close friend of mine had the unfortuate excperience of a guy with a 12 Ga coming into his store for "unlawful" purposes.

My friend had three rounds left in his Glock 19 when the smoke cleared, brass and a deceased bad guy laying on the floor.

I never heard "Gee I had too many bullets".......Pick a caliber that can do the intended job, and enough capacity to get it done.

FYI: No charges were brought against him.

Heaven has a gate, walls, and strict immigration policy.... enough said.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:31 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

If you want a hotter handgun round, the 357 Sig is cool, but like was mentioned, why not just step up to the 10mm Auto?

If Glock isn't your thing, there's a few 1911 platforms chambered for it now...and not just the Colta Delta Elite, which is pricey. I think there are a few of them now on the market. The XD line has a 10-mil, too.

The 10mm comes real close to 41 Mag ballistics.

Something like a Glock 20 will offer you 15+1 of 10mm on hand. That should convince a lot of things that they have a prior engagement elsewhere.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:31 AM

find a place you can spend a few $$ an shoot both of them... then go from there... You might be better off with a 23 then get a 357 sig barrel for it.. unless the price is the same... then i would all so buy the after market 9mm barrel for it just to be able to shoot cheaper..
as soon as a 23 mod comes out ill be buying one with the 2 other barrels.. you get more versatility with that direction then with just a standard 45 frame, heck you can even get a 22 lr slide for it and have even more fun..
Dogface and Waynzee like this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:37 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavage View Post
.. You might be better off with a 23 then get a 357 sig barrel for it.. .

Good idea. The 23 mags will work with the 357 Sig but I don't think the opposite is true.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:49 AM

I'd probably go with the .45 just for ease of finding ammo and it's probably a little bit cheaper than .357 sig. I personally don't care for the recoil on a 40SW so I can't imagine that I would be real fond of the flavor of the month, 10mm. I have a .357 sig and I like it but the muzzle blast is pretty strong.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:01 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
I'd probably go with the .45 just for ease of finding ammo and it's probably a little bit cheaper than .357 sig. I personally don't care for the recoil on a 40SW so I can't imagine that I would be real fond of the flavor of the month, 10mm. I have a .357 sig and I like it but the muzzle blast is pretty strong.
The 10mm (which has been SAAMI 11 years longer than the .357 Sig) is hardly "flavor of the month. Having been chambered in production guns for the last 36 years, the 10mm is FINALLY getting its due and is, likely, more popular than ever.

As far as recoil goes......in the Glock platform, full house 10mm loads are not hateful to shoot at ALL. My wife, her girlfriends and my 14 year old daughter all enjoy shooting my G29, which is a smaller package than the G20.

If you're looking for a fight stopper.....get a fight stopper. A G20 or G29 is a SERIOUS fight stopper. There will always be one or the other (in addition to a short barreled shotgun) watchin over MY house. Yep.

demokraten saugen
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I like the idea of the 10 mm and the 40 but have heard because of the recoil they are harder to bring back on target. My friend's son works for the PGC and his duty weapon is a 357 Sig. and he has all good things to say about it, that's why I was leaning towards the 357 Sig. And the 45 acp has its own history of being a close range man stopper.
I guess if I was going to be shooting further than 5 to 7 yards in my house, indeed that 40 or the 10 mm would be a better choice.

Now I've got more decisions, hahaha .
bigguy54 and flintlock hunter like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page