4Likes
  • 1 Post By hornady
  • 1 Post By DennyF
  • 2 Post By hornady

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

CCI primers

Anyone wanting to buy bulk primers. Powder Valley has Large and small rifle and pistol CCI primers for $28.00 per 1000. they only charge $19.95 for Hazmat. And $9.95 for shipping under $150.00. My order was a Little more than $150.00 and shipping was $13.95.
schappellt likes this.

Last edited by hornady; 01-20-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:55 AM

If Congress would pay me, my order would be going right in!!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

might have to order some more primers. i just got 10k not that long ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 12:04 PM

Thanks.....But right now I think I am fully primed.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Just bought 2 hundred Federal No.215 Mag. L.R. primers to try. I was having some CCI BR 2 not go off in my Marlin Guide Gun.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Sage

Been using CCI primers for well over 35 years. The only ones that didn't "go off", were due to a firing pin issue, not the primers. Usually with bolt rifles in cold weather. Even had that happen one really cold, damp morning in doe season, with my 444 Marlin.

It went off the second time I pulled the hammer back and let 'er drop, but by then the deer were into the saplings. Killed a nice, thick sugar maple sapling though.

Taught me to keep the bolt/firing pins free of goop. Even so, became a habit to dry fire the rifle, then load it, when going out in deer season. Ain't had an issue since.
Waynzee likes this.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF View Post
Been using CCI primers for well over 35 years. The only ones that didn't "go off", were due to a firing pin issue, not the primers. Usually with bolt rifles in cold weather. Even had that happen one really cold, damp morning in doe season, with my 444 Marlin.

It went off the second time I pulled the hammer back and let 'er drop, but by then the deer were into the saplings. Killed a nice, thick sugar maple sapling though.

Taught me to keep the bolt/firing pins free of goop. Even so, became a habit to dry fire the rifle, then load it, when going out in deer season. Ain't had an issue since.
Yeah I've never had a problem with CCI primers either and I have been using them a long time too but I guess there is always a first time. I took the bolt apart in my Marlin G.G. and cleaned it real good even though it wasn't that bad put it back together and headed out to the range with the same reloads and same thing happened. But I did have several go off on the second time I let the hammer drop. So I thought the firing pin was bad and put a stainless steel one piece firing pin in it and loaded up some of the Federal primers and haven't had a problem since. Now, I have no problem with my bolt action rifles and the same CCI primers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Part of the Community

I have heard of so many primer problems but i do not think it ever turned out to be the primer. i have been using CCI primers that i inherited from the 1960's with $6.95 price tag on a brick of 1000!

my recomendation is look elsewhere...pocket uniforming? seating, head space or gun.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I mentioned this in another forum, A few years back, I bought a Marlin 336 cheap. The guy was having miss fires with factory ammo. I took the bolt apart, at some point someone thought putting grease in the bolt was a good idea. I cleaned and oiled everything. Not one miss fire in 15 years from that rifle. Over the last 50 years of reloading. 99 % of my miss fires I have had and I can say there were very few. Were the gun or something I was not paying attention to when reloading.
willyp and 300 Norma Mag like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page