20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Glock is................

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercreep
Glock is awesome
Dude !!!! We agree on something !!!!!! Yep.
triggercreep likes this.

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 06:52 AM

WAS my favorite carry gun until the Shield 2.0 arrived. Smith and Wesson gave Glock a winner to strive to beat. If was Glock, I would really start working on their triggers and slimming that grip up, because as of right now, OUT THE BOX I am talking, the 2.0 is dominant right now. Smith listened to the customer base, and hit a homer!

Now take my Glock 17 Gen three, with all the upgrades I have done.... Smith can't touch it.

My Glock 30 is still on my belt here and there... when I need to feel that 45 again.....

My Glock 41 is my new suppressor hog!!! When that thing gets outta ATF jail... but since I am working for no check, and I am sure the NFA section is not working period! UGH!
bohunr likes this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Never handled a 2.0 so I can't comment. I know the original M&P was a nice pistol.

Having run Glocks for the last 25-30 years, and having a larger than average hand, I find the Glocks to be a very natural fit and second nature in the trigger pull department. I did put a 3.5# connector kit in my G29 because I have this thing about shooting at stuff that's far away. Makes it more interesting with a bit better trigger.

My true love for the Plastic Fantastic is its penchant to ALWAYS go boom no matter what. I had a certified Glock armorer disassemble my G29 and upon doing so (he had been in the Sandbox in the military) told me he had NEVER, EVER seen a pistol so thoroughly filthy as my 10mm. Yet it never had and still never has failed to feed, fire or function. Nor have my other two Glocks.

And the torture test Glock..... what can you say ???

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2018/05...re-test-ocean/
bohunr likes this.

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut10 View Post
Never handled a 2.0 so I can't comment. I know the original M&P was a nice pistol.

Having run Glocks for the last 25-30 years, and having a larger than average hand, I find the Glocks to be a very natural fit and second nature in the trigger pull department. I did put a 3.5# connector kit in my G29 because I have this thing about shooting at stuff that's far away. Makes it more interesting with a bit better trigger.

My true love for the Plastic Fantastic is its penchant to ALWAYS go boom no matter what. I had a certified Glock armorer disassemble my G29 and upon doing so (he had been in the Sandbox in the military) told me he had NEVER, EVER seen a pistol so thoroughly filthy as my 10mm. Yet it never had and still never has failed to feed, fire or function. Nor have my other two Glocks.

And the torture test Glock..... what can you say ???

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2018/05...re-test-ocean/

I have a 17, 41, and 30. All are fully customized and if it came down to it, my 17 is my go-to gunfighter. Been in my holster since '99. I got rid of a few (26, 19, 23, 34, 35) cause I had no need for them. They are a true wonder, but they still need work to make them spectacular. From what I have seen from a few companies (Smith, FN, Sig) Glock has a few battles ahead to stay in the top of the LE Game. Sad to say, they are losing, they are trying with the Gen 5, but the grip and the trigger need work out the box. Not aftermarket.

Wanna make that 29 sing???? Zev Spring kit, and a Suarez Flat or Apex Flat trigger. Keep that 3.5 connector, but polish it up!
bohunr likes this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

Glock is........a firearm I will never own....unless the factory install's a safety similar to polymer firearms that have 'em.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
Glock is........a firearm I will never own....unless the factory install's a safety similar to polymer firearms that have 'em.
To each his own...……...whatever makes you comfortable.

FWIW...…….. Never once, in 25-30 years of shooting Glocks and carrying Glocks concealed, have I ever wished for any safety features beyond what the Safe Action System trigger offers.
bohunr, Dogface and Pahack like this.

demokraten saugen
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Sage

I do not care for Glocks. However, it has nothing to do with them not having a safety. All firearms have a safety. The safety is the brain of the person holding and using the gun. The gun I carry most is a Kahr .40 S&W which has a striker system like a Glock . All you have to do is learn and practice off target,off trigger, the same as if your gun had a safety. The second it takes to remove the safety could be the difference between life and death.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut10 View Post
Having run Glocks for the last 25-30 years, and having a larger than average hand, I find the Glocks to be a very natural fit and second nature in the trigger pull department.
That surprises me... I have pretty big claws as well, and have handled and shot a half-dozen or so Glocks over the last few years, and have yet to find one that fits in my hand. I like the way they function, and I've seen enough to know that they almost always go bang without fail, but they're not for me.

My Kahr CM9 is my primary carry gun, although I've been pleasantly surprised with a S&W Shield in 9mm that I picked up last year. Once I get a proper holster for it, I'll probably carry it more.

"Well boy, you ain't gonna git nothin' layin' in that bed." ~My ol' man
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 10:23 PM

Piece of ---- plastic sights horrible trigger. But what I know I just a retired police sgt who carried glocks my whole career.

Only reason glocks are popular in law enforcement is you can buy them in bulk fir like 299 saving the taxes papers. Try that with a sig

What do I know I just a idiot not like these weekends with drop down holsters who shoot once a month .
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Frequent Contributor

I just purchased a Kimber Micro 9. Lightweight, 9mm, nice trigger pull and easy off of the safety. I've carried and shot the 1911 platform for years so for me......it's a natural fit. The Micro 9 is a pocket carry firearm and will carry easy without much thought to dress attire.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page