Tikka Rifle - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Tikka Rifle

I need some help. I know exactly the next gun that I want. I am looking for a stainless 300 win mag. bolt action with a laminated stock and a detachable magazine. I only found two guns that match this description. Tikka t3x and a sako 85 grey wolf. The problem with tikka is the t3x does not come in 300 win mag. a variety of other calibers but not 300 win mag. The sako has everything I want, but the gun is hard to find. I saw one on stock at grices but you can tell the gun has been handled. The sako has everything I want in the caliber I want but it comes with a hefty price tag. I am willing to pay the price for the sako but it already feels "used". I need some input. I was thinking about getting the tikka t3 lite that comes in 300 win mag and buying a laminated stock for it, thus giving me everything I want. what makes the "lite" model? is it just the synthetic stock or is the internal workings plastic? does anyone know of any other brands that make something like what I am looking for? any and all input would be GREATLY appreciated.

~ At Full Draw

You're the same dumb pilgrim that I been hearin' for twenty days, and smellin' for three!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 11:06 AM
The Man

Tikka website shows the T3 Laminated Stainless does in fact come in 300 Win Mag.

Go to

T3x LAMINATED STAINLESS | Tikka

Click on Download PDF.

300 Win is listed second from bottom of the document.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Frequent Contributor

Search on Davidsons Gallery of Guns you can buy from them put a down payment and choose what FFL to send it to …….Its a very simple painless process
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Frequent Contributor

I don't believe the 300 SS Laminate is imported to the US. There are a lot of configurations that they make but do not import.

I have a LH SS 300 win mag in a laminate stock. I had to get an aftermarket stock. I believe the price difference is about $200 which will buy you a Boyd's.

Another option is to buy two rifles, one SS lite in 300 and another laminate in whichever chambering you feel will resell most easily and swap the stocks. It gets you there with a little more hassel and money but gets you the Tikka stock.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 12:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

Also, it is worth getting a price from your dealer before ordering on GOG. They can sometimes sell you one for less.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I see it does show 300 but I cannot get it in the united states. I guess my question for you guys is , what makes the lite model a lite? just the stock? and how would that work with buying two rifles? the space for a detachable mag is a different size in the stock for a 243 vs a 300 mag?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Frequent Contributor

Nope, all the same size. The magazines are externally identical.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Call Eurooptics in Montoursville
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Frequent Contributor

As to the other question, the "Lite" indicates the synthetic stock. "Hunter" is walnut stocked. "Laminate" is laminate stocked, etc.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I guess it just comes down to buying a tikka and a stock for $870 or the sako for $1,500. whats your guys thoughts on buying an extremely expensive rifle(to me) and taking them out in the elements and getting knicked and dinged up? I guess that's what they are for ?

im trying to find information on the sako barrel vs the tikka barrel? thickness and length

You're the same dumb pilgrim that I been hearin' for twenty days, and smellin' for three!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page