savage 110 info - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

savage 110 info

my dad has a savage 110 in 270. he dropped it off the 4 wheeler years ago and broke the trigger guard on it. he cobbled it back together and I was thinking of buying a new one.i was wondering if I could restock it and make it clip fed, instead of top feed?

life member pa trappers
distric 1,venango co leader
life member vfw
member fta
member nta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Part of the Community

The restock will be easy with a Boyds or Savage stock. I'm not a gunsmith, but I don't think it is possible to reconfigure an internal magazine into a detachable box type. Seems it would be easier to buy new gun.

Support 2A. Because a dog without teeth has no bite.
Being married is work. Work is management and labor. We all know how well management and labor get along.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

They sell clip conversion kits as aftermarket items. I don't know anybody that ever did it, but if you Google it there are several options. I would be suspect as to how well these work. Maybe some on here have had experience with them and will chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 12:22 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

it can be done but gets expensive pretty quick. Inlet the stock for whichever bottom metal, get a bottom metal, AICS or proprietary mag system. I am pretty sure you could do it with a long action bottom metal for AICS pattern mags. Magpul makes a 30-06 aics mag now too. honestly wouldn't do it with a savage. Just get a replacement stock and trigger guard. You may be able to get one of the newer stocks to fit but I am not sure. I thought I remember reading that the bedding system may have changed. You need to do some research on what stocks are out there for the long action rifles. I know there are a lot of options on the I sold my savage 110 many years ago and all I remember was it was clunky, hated the safety, but it shot really well.it was my first deer rifle and made a lot of memories. Probably should have kept it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page