Howa 1500 7mm-08 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BCozhunter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Howa 1500 7mm-08

My Dad recently bought this off of a friend and gave it to my son. I just wondered if anyone else had one of these and knew a little bit more about the engraving on the stock or where they came from. I can't seem to find much on the internet. It seems like a good shooter so far. It's a lot of scope for a kid hunting deer in the PA woods but whatever.

Is it a hogue stock? Is this considered a gameking?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180816_202817.jpg (845.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by tgun43; 08-23-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Howa is a fine Japanese rifle and also the maker of Weatherby Vanguards
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

I'm wondering if the engraved ones were all sold from the same place or were they all raffle guns through something specific? If you look close it says 109 out of 250. (I know that doesn't mean I found a babe ruth rookie card). Haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 08:23 AM

Don't know about the engraving. Sure looks like a hogue stock. They're good rifles.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgun43 View Post
My Dad recently bought this off of a friend and gave it to my son. I just wondered if anyone else had one of these and knew a little bit more about the engraving on the stock or where they came from. I can't seem to find much on the internet. It seems like a good shooter so far. It's a lot of scope for a kid hunting deer in the PA woods but whatever.

Is it a hogue stock? Is this considered a gameking?

Not sure about the rifle but that's a great caliber. I bought my boy a model 7 in 7mm 08 when he turned 11 (He's 13 now) He's killed a doe and a big 8 point with it so far. Both were "bang-flops"

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 12:04 AM

I believe the Howa 1500 youth models with green stocks are distributed by Academy Sports, but I might be wrong.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
When I came back to Germany in 2012, I didn't want to wait until having all of the import paperwork done to get my rifle from home sent over, as deer season was already open, and I wanted to get something inexpensive to use in the mean time. The on-base rod and gun store had few rifles in stock, but did have a couple of Howa's and two Marlin X7's. Both chambered in 7mm-08 and .308. Since the gun I was having sent over is a .308, I opted for the 7mm-08 just for something different. I handled both the Howa and the Marlin, and for the price was happy with both. I ended up choosing the Marlin only because the forearm of the Howa seemed a bit square, or flat, to me. I preferred the feel of the Marlin, but both guns had good balance and relatively smooth actions. I don't know how the Howa shoots, but I am very pleased with the accuracy of the Marlin, and the couple of deer I've killed with it didn't move more than a step or two.

Also, as a moderator's note to this thread. The engraving on the stock looks as if there were 250 of those made specifically to support the organization that is engraved on there. That being said, and this is directed to all, there will be NO discussion in this thread regarding that agency. Any post that does so will be immediately removed from the thread. There are other forums for discussions regarding groups, clubs, etc.
DIYASUB likes this.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page