Any CZ Firearm Owners?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Any CZ Firearm Owners??

Curious who here owns a CZ guns and your experiences?

My first CZ experience was a CZ 550FS(Full stock 6.5 Swedish Mauser) which got me hooked on CZ's excellent quality and value for the dollar. I have since bought a CZ452(22LR, CZ97B(45acp) and a CZ712(12ga Semi).

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 09:55 AM
dce
Sage

I owned 452 and 455 rimfires.They were pretty guns that shot well but I hated the reverse safety.Since I had kids,learning to shoot,I got rid of them.I also won a CZ bobwhite at a ruffed grouse society banquet.No complaints with that one.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Bought my son a 455 scout 22lr. Nice gun but also do not like the safety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:52 PM
The Man

Why are you guys complaining about that safety? Think about how many game animals that saved because we couldn't get it off.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:56 PM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Why are you guys complaining about that safety? Think about how many game animals that saved because we couldn't get it off.
My beef with the safety concerns young kids just learning.You let them put thousands of rounds through a rimfire and then turn around and give them a centerfire where the safety works exactly the opposite.It gave me the willies even thinking about it.Otherwise,they're nice guns.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 01:21 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
My beef with the safety concerns young kids just learning.You let them put thousands of rounds through a rimfire and then turn around and give them a centerfire where the safety works exactly the opposite.It gave me the willies even thinking about it.Otherwise,they're nice guns.
I agree with you. I was hoping someone would come out with a kit to reverse it. It is the one negative aspect of a very fine rifle. Fortunately there are not many centerfire rifles with an opposite style safety except for Model 70s, older modified Mausers and some Rugers.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 01:24 PM
dce
Sage

My kids shoot Kimber rifles with a three position safety.I sold the CZ's and bought a couple Ruger 77/22s,which have a similar safety.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 01:25 PM

I have a CZ 527 Varmint in .223. Very accurate, excellent trigger, walnut stock outstanding ... overall great rifle !

R.I.P. WCO Dave Grove ... You will never be forgotten.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Sage

The centerfire CZ rifles have the same bolt pivot style safety as a Rem 700. The CZ712 Semi SG has the same push crossbolt safety as a Rem 870 etc. The rimfires are the only line that is reverse which I fully knew when I invested in the gun.

My Dad taught me at a very young age that a guns safety may be different(and many times is) on any particular firearm & in addition to ensuring firearm is unloaded when picking up.....know exactly how the safety works. It's not like jumping on a bike and gaining balance without even thinking.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 05:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

So much of shooting is done through muscle memory. I never had a CZ, but I had a Glenfield .22 bolt action rifle, and you had to move the safe to the rear to disengage it. Wasn't a problem until I started shooting other rifles, all of which required the safety to be pushed forward. Then' I often found myself trying to nudge the safety forward when shooting the Glennfield.

Kind of like being used to shooting a pump gun, and then taking a double gun out - find myself trying to pump the forend for the follow-up shoot.
dce likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page