Conceal carry Insurance - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Woods walker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Conceal carry Insurance

Last month at our club we had a speaker from Firearms Owners Against Crime and he pointed out many things the average licensed carry person is not aware of regarding laws and what can be involved if a Conceal Carry Licensed carrier should be involved in a self defense shooting which were quite alarming. He also spoke of different Insurance plans to cover attorney fees and court cost often endured as a result of a lawful self defense shooting. Often in the neighborhood of $30-40,000 to plead one's case.

Wondering it anyone has this type of insurance and if I could get any input on the subject. It appears there are a few Companies out there with different rates and plans. Experience welcome.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 04:42 PM
Sage

I don't have it, I am an NRA member and many times they will pay a lawyer to represent you if you were correct in your actions. I have had a lot of training on the subject and have presented classes on the aftermath of shooting someone in self defense to other officers. The sad facts are, even if you are sued and win, your life will never be the same, although the up side is you are alive.
K98, stinkbait and bad primer like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Look into U.S. Law Shield. They cover all 50 States and will provide you with legal defense for criminal as well as civil proceedings. They have attorneys available 24/7/365 who specialize in self defense and gun laws. There are no caps, limits or deductibles other than your membership fee. Membership is $139.00per year.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
I don't have it, I am an NRA member and many times they will pay a lawyer to represent you if you were correct in your actions. I have had a lot of training on the subject and have presented classes on the aftermath of shooting someone in self defense to other officers. The sad facts are, even if you are sued and win, your life will never be the same, although the up side is you are alive.

The old saying, "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six."

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 12:44 PM
Sage

I never said I wouldn't shoot in self defense, I just said more than likely there will be a price to pay, people who carry and I do, should know that..

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

I have been told that some of the Insurance carriers have a clause which terminates their coverage for an event as: If you were setting in your house and having a few glasses of wine with your wife, someone kicks open the front door and becomes a threat requiring you to take action and shoot the intruder the carrier will not cover the insured because the consumption of alcohol.

Any knowledge of that with any particular insurer?

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 04:01 PM
TEC
Frequent Contributor

I could see a insurance company doing that, they love raking in premiums, but don't like to pay out. I've often said all insurance is is legalized extortion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page