Tikka 12/222 over under - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Tikka 12/222 over under

My Dad passed away 8/2/17 and I inherited his gun collection. The Tikka is a beautiful gun and one of his favorites. An unfortunate accident in the woods several years ago left the stock cracked. Dad patched it best he could but I'd like to replace the stock. I've searched and came up empty..... any ideas? Thanks

USAF 1984-88

Families that hunt together stay together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If you can't find a replacement,you may be surprised what an experience wood repair guy can do with a cracked stock. I've seen some pretty nasty cracks made nearly invisible and solid. I would ask around at your local gun shops if they know any such craftsman if you decide to investigate this route. A furniture repair guy might also be willing to help.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ-1 View Post
My Dad passed away 8/2/17 and I inherited his gun collection. The Tikka is a beautiful gun and one of his favorites. An unfortunate accident in the woods several years ago left the stock cracked. Dad patched it best he could but I'd like to replace the stock. I've searched and came up empty..... any ideas? Thanks
I broke mine very badly and searched high and low a number of years ago and unfortunately also came up empty. Did a very ugly but functional patch job. I have two variations of the gun. Not sure if the stocks are interchangeable; the forends are definitely different but the butts seem to match up from a quick glance.
The model that seems the most common was imported by Ithica for a couple of years and my receiver is stamped with both Ithica and tikka; it was referred to as the "turkey gun" model.
The one that I broke does not have the Ithica stamp and has slightly longer barrels and no rib (the barrel selectors are also different shapes). not sure if it was an earlier version, or just a stand alone Tikka that made it's way into the states without Ithica. I have never seen another of this model.
Sorry couldn't be of more help, but figured I would pass along what little info I had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Look for someone with a stock duplicator. There was a "Bill" with a gun/smithing shop somewhere in northern Perry/southern Snyder Co. that had one some years ago. Dont know more than that right now. Also, check with the guys at the gun shows that offer semi-finished stocks that are inletted. They'd have a duplicator also - can prob even change things you might not like about the stock if you wish.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 10:58 AM
The Man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page